This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello everyone, greetings from Portugal! Found this forum while looking for the possible causes of vertical lines on my Panasonic plasma. Looking forward to learn more and eventually share some knowledge as well since I have some experience in computer repairs

Comment

Hi there,
      New user from China, I have faulty dell U2413, finding solutions.

Comment

new user from Florida. Hello all!

Comment

I appreciate everyone sharing their issues, experiences, knowledge, and repair advice here. I found this site while looking for a fix for an old Vizio P602ui-B3 that has crazy vertical lines popping up intermittently on the screen. I've ordered a T-Con board to see if that might fix it and will hopefully be able to post a success story on here later this week.
          Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to share your advice.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Pam as I’m sure you’ve guessed. Basically clueless and here trying to not get ripped off by repair shops.
            Once I’ve sorted this I probably won’t be back. I shall not be taking my tv apart. I’ve just looked at expert videos and they indicate my led driver had blown. (Very dim picture in dark room, black screen in full light, full audio. It’s an Aldi Altius A400f and I’ve spent all night so far trying to figure out what’s wrong with it and if there are parts available to fix it. Google searches led me here and I had to join to look at previously posted images of “Check” S post.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Pam as I'm sure you've guessed. Basically clueless and here trying to not get ripped off by repair shops.
              Once I've sorted this I probably won't be back. I shall not be taking my tv apart. I've just looked at expert videos and they indicate my led driver had blown. (Very dim picture in dark room, black screen in full light, full audio. It's an Aldi Altius A400f and I've spent all night so far trying to figure out what's wrong with it and if there are parts available to fix it. Google searches led me here and I had to join to look at previously posted images of “Check” S post.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Comment

Hi. I'm just an amateur in everything i do. but i genuinely like to thinker with stuff.

Comment

Hi, I own a small computer shop in my home and find myself manually flashing ROMs and doing other oddball stuff. I'll try to be a productive member around here.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm Drake and I'm new here, wanted to say thank you for building such an awesome community with so much info available. Glad to be around!
                    www.badcaps.net

Comment

Hi I'm Jonathan!

Comment

Good day one and all.

Comment

Greetings all. I signed up looking for monitor repair info

Comment

Hi All,

Joining to further my knowledge of electronic repair - I hate seeing otherwise okay items go to landfill for what is often a <$5 component!!

Comment

Hi All,

Have an Alienware 15r2 that had a failed BIOS flash that is bricked, so spent a lot of time looking into my options and looking at externally flashing the BIOS so this seems the place for advice

Comment

Hello Everyone I'm a newbie here and can't wait to gain more knowledge here. Thanks for having me!!!!

Comment

hello my name is zac from Italy, I have a passion for electronics and I often try computer science. what about ... the forum is very interesting.

Comment

JD, from Seattle. EE. Like to repair stuff, here for schematics

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop &lt;cry> oh well..
                                      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                      Hello, my name is Legacy! I don't use forums much as I have never really had much to input but this place seems like somewhere I will be spending a lot of time!

I am a computer enthusiast who likes to know how things work, I stumbled across this forum in search of Vestel related information and I have found myself browsing almost every topic!

Why I didn't complete my electronic Engineering course I don't know. I feel I will be able to contribute to this forum. A few achievements of my own which are related:

1. I repaired my own Playstation 1 console out of two broken ones, I was too young to be able to do it really but I had two different models of PS so the power boards and motherboards were wired together differently.

One console I had also "chipped" previously so I wanted to repair that one. There were 3 extra wires on the power board which wasn't faulty, that had no where to go on the Motherboard I wanted to power, I was in a bit of a dilemma not knowing what I can do.

So looking at the old PCB I noticed that the three wires I had spare would finally join into one circuit which matched up with the one cable I had spare on the working board, so the three cable basically joined into one without it happening on the PCB, I joined it myself with solder and electrical tape.
                                      (Someone here might even know what I am talking about if they have repaired PS1's and know the circuitry)

After that, I never had a problem and the PS worked until I didn't use it anymore. :-)

2. PlayStation 3 re-flow - I had the original PS3 which had the YLOD so after searching sol forums like this one I learned the process of solder re-flow and re-fluxing and repaired my PS3 and many others for friends and family. There were a few that came back, but no many at all.

Oh, and I vaguely remember putting a switch into one of my old 60GB models and playing backed up PS2/PS1 games on it. It was one that kept YLOD even after my attempts so I never really used it much, the hardware switch for bypassing the disk check worked 100% though.

3. Mobile phones, laptop components and replaceable modules, beside my computer repairs I also repaired mobile phones and Laptops down to a motherboard reflow level but I was never successful with Laptop motherboards. I could always repair any laptop with a working motherboard.

And thats that!

Now my TV say's it has Smart state = Disabled = Alexa Ready= Disabled and I am setting myself a mission to change it to enabled and get my Vestel 2018 UHD Sart TV working with Alexa I will do it even if I have to get into code and write my own app!

The main reason I have registered is because I wanted to create a thread for Vestel MB PDF's like this one: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...68ac836543.pdf

This is my board on my TV and it's not available any where on the internet via any search, this post is ow the first place listed, from what I can tell so where better to share it?

Comment

Hello to All! I am From Moldova! Be well my Friends!

Comment

Witam Użytkowników tego Forum
                                          Jestem z Polski, z miasta Warszawy.
                                          Mam na imię Marek. Elektroniką zajmuję się od ponad 55 lat. Swoją pierwszą pracę rozpocząłem jako operator komputerów ODRA 1300 (klony serii ICL 1900).
                                          Po dogłębnym poznaniu obsługi tych komputerów, przeniosłem się do obsługi technicznej.
                                          Przez wiele lat naprawiałem jednostki centralne ( obecnie to mikroprocesory) ODRA 1304,1305 oraz 1325. Dane mi było zapoznać się także z maszynami ICL 1905S, MIŃSK 32, RIAD32 oraz pierwszymi minikomputerami polskiej produkcji inżyniera Karpińskiego K202. Pod koniec lat osiemdziesiątych XX wieku rozpocząłem przygodę z komputerami PC na procesorach Intel 80286 z zegarem 8/10/12/16 i 20 MHz. Jednocześnie dalej pracowałem jako obsługa techniczna dużych komputerów serii ODRA. Jednocześnie od dwudziestu lat prowadziłem prywatny serwis telewizorów i innego dostępnego wtedy sprzętu elektronicznego. Przed rokiem 1990 wszedłem pomału w świat magnetowidów i wideokamer. Działalność prywatną zakończyłem ok. 2005 roku ze względów rodzinnych. Od 1994 roku zmieniłem kierunek działań zawodowych na serwis komputerowy obsługujący moją dotychczasową Firmę. Około 2006 roku przekwalifikowałem się na całkowicie inny kierunek zajęć. Była to obsługa przemysłowych, mokrych (głównie), kwasowych baterii akumulatorów oraz nadzór techniczny obwodów zasilania na naszych obiektach firmowych. Obecnie jestem na emeryturze od półtora roku. W dalszym ciągu zajmuję się elektroniką, elektrotechniką domową i samochodową, techniką oświetlenia ledowego. Głównie pomagam moim Synom i ich znajomym, którzy mają jakieś problemy techniczne z zakresu moich zainteresowań. Ostatnio oglądam dużo filmów na YT osób, które zawodowo i hobbystycznie zajmują się naprawami płyt głównych komputerowych, smartfonów, telewizorów LCD i LED. Porównuję obecne możliwości techniczno-sprzętowe serwisantów z moimi, kiedy internet dopiero zaczynał raczkować i nie było takich baz danych elementów elektronicznych, schematów itp.
                                          Lubię wszelkie nowinki techniczne i często staram się korzystać z nich poprzez zakupy na znanych szeroko portalach zakupowych.
                                          Tyle o mnie .
                                          Pozdrawiam

Comment

Working...
                                          X