X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys,
    Been reading through this website and troubleshooting to the best of my ability but Im stumped and am finally asking for the help I need.
    Im a diesel mechanic by trade. Working on my engineering credentials to work internationally on ships. So far all just local stuff around the west coast of the US

Comment

Hello!
      I'm just a dude who's looking for information on a TV I've got. It's working, but in a rather unorthodox manner, and I want to see if it's possible to get it fully functional again. I look forward to the wealth of information available here!

Comment

Hello folks. My name is Jason, I do a lot of analog electronics work as a hobby. I have a lot of experience with Car Audio amplifier repairs. I ended up here because I have a Harman Kardon AVR 3700 that has a failed standby power supply. I am a little out of my depth with the mains powered switchers. I found some other people with threads here with similar issues and am hoping to get some direction on repairing this thing.

Thanks!
        Jason

Comment

Hello to all,
          I am really impressed how big this community is.

Comment

Hi guys and girls I'm assuming we have some ladies on here? My name is Kevan, yes, it is spelled correctly with an 'a' not an 'i' as in Kevin. I'm in the UK and am retired due to ill health sadly. I have pretty bad arthritis, type 2 diabetes and one or two other offshoots from the diabetes. Despite all that I have an interest in electronics that goes back over 40 years (I'm 54). I will admit that I have always only dabbled and dipped my toes into the fascinating world of electronics. I've made a few circuits but that was just slavishly following instructions on how to put something together. I have only recently started to get it together in my head just what each component does. This came about after getting hold of Charles Platts 'Make' books on electronics. So now I'm at the stage where I want to know more. All this was spurred on by a sudden resurgence in my interest of analog music. The med's I'm on tend to make me very sleepy and I've been like this for about 20 years now Well, a few weeks ago I got myself an old Akai reel to reel tape recorder/player and I want to be able to service it myself. Why? Because there are precious few who are able to do this work now and those who can charge incredible amounts of money to do so... I also want to put together an electronic ignition module for my old 1968 ex-military Land Rover field ambulance. I also fish when I am able, I love spot of gardening and I can also weld (I went to night school just over 12 months ago and got myself properly certified after years of dabbling). I also love reading.

So, I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum.

Comment

Hi, I'm a retired electrician/computer programmer with an interest in electronics. I have some knowledge of electronics but it's quite limited. I found this forum (the first I have ever used) because I am trying to fix a Samsung tv that wont turn on.

Comment

Hi i've come across with this interesting site so i thought it would be great if i join in. Just a little background of myself, I am a computer and electronics fan. I like repairing electronics stuffs but of course only within the scope of my knowledge. I hope i'll learn something from this site and also hope to be able to contribute and help in the future. thanks.

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm from Malaysia. I'm an accountant but a technical person at heart. I like to fix things, e.g. PCs, printers and LCD TVs. Hope to gain knowledge and to share my experience here.

Comment

Hello. I joined the site to research how to fix my plasma tv. I'm not ready to give up on it.

Comment

Good morning,

I found this site via AVSHomeTheater Forum. Having issues with my 70 Sharp TV and this is where some of the threads pointed me to look!

So here I am.

Should be an interesting ride as I don't want to have to spend a ton of money to either fix or replace my TV..........

Comment

hello, my name is George, not sure if this is the correct place for the post, first timer, normally I would collect references and videos however my questions are getting more difficult to answer with videos. I've been a diesel tech since 95 after my 6 yrs US Army and grew through electronics with the trucks and autos, I got a lot of training working for a Cat dealer on engine electronics and electricity and I enjoyed the troubleshooting. It didn't take long for me to realize how I could apply my fondness of electronics to my everyday life and ultimately create more work for myself, so here I am ... a tired, needy, and "too smart for his own good" as my Pa Dutch Grandmother would say, self taught individual looking to further his knowledge from the right people.

Comment

Hello everyone.My name is Chris.Living in Canada and DIY guy.Electrician by profession and looking forward for any electronic help! This forum has some significant people that offer their knowledge and time, to help others and I appreciate that.

Comment

Hello, My name is Jw. I have been married 23 years and have no children. I collect video game equipment and home audio equipment. I've been taking apart things since the late 70's and I've even put some of them back together. I appreciate a forum like this. It really helps to have knowledgeable people to speak with. thanks in advance to those who help. nice to meet you all.

Comment

Hey fellas and ladies, My name is Gary and I live in Kentucky. I like to try to fix things myself and found this message board of like minded folks. Happy to be here!

Comment

Hi everyone, this is Ron. Looking forward to learning more about caps and electronics from you all here. :-)

Comment

Hello all. Gareth From Nottingham, England here. Looking forward to learning to repair rather than replace.

Comment

Hi, recently joined Badcaps forum. Started my career as a TV engineer in the 70's, spent many years as a technical trainer, still learning.

Comment

hi guys!

Comment

Hi Avinash here, have small laptop repairing center
                                        reached here in search of solutions

Comment

Hello everybody

Comment

Working...
                                          X