Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hitachi 27 (1991) so many fishy badcaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi 27 (1991) so many fishy badcaps!

And rank.

Nich and Rubyicons; TWSS and SME series, few big ones and about 40 little total ones; 4.7uF, mostly 10uF, some 47uF capacitors. Had to clean out the ooze too.

Is that because of bad bung seal around the leads? And why did some use electrolyte that is very rank smelling like a ROTTING fish? Not to mention that smell get worse when desoldering them out. Make you feel like need to get repirator mask.

Reason I did this looong recap job session is CRT is still excellent and high end model: has bass speaker box on top, S-Video and few inputs and one output with choice of internal speakers or external speaker outputs (unampified and ampified). Now excellent pic and audio. And to pocket the pay for the work. I work for TV shop.

Cheers, Wizard
    Last edited by Wizard; 10-10-2008, 04:26 PM.

Re: Hitachi 27 (1991) so many fishy badcaps!

I still have a Hitachi from 1975 sitting around here that used to be my grandma's. You'd think it was made yesterday, the picture is that bright and vivid on it. I've had to replace a few capacitors on it, but it's worth replacing a few caps to keep a good Hitachi in service

Comment

Working...
    X