Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo T14s (intel-NM-C891) Low wattage on any charger - Needed tb ic image

Hello hello,

i have here T14s with charging problem - low wattage detected on any charger, it wont charge when laptop is on...show charging but not charging.

For me it looks like problem with thunderbolt firmware stored inside U5502 (MX25L80) because laptop is bios locked and u5502 looks soldered...maybe someone means, that it is bios for unlock it with patch method.

So first will be maybe good to test flash good thinderbolt firmware.

Anyone have image ?

It is T14s, intel 10gen,GT4A3/GX3A2 NM-C891.

Attached image if ic...for me looks like filled only with zeros
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo T14s (intel-NM-C891) Low wattage on any charger - Needed tb ic image

BTW...how about test to flash thunderboard from another model - T14?...same intel generation

Comment

Problem solved

I have flashed tbt spi with zeros (not sure it was needed) - labtop booted into win but not charging message still and no tbt in device manager.

Downloaded tbt firmware update doesnt work because tbt was not detected.
      Soo update was extracted and TBT.BIN was flashed to spi.

Rebooted but still same.

Then i have disconnected all batteries and press rst button on mobo for few seconds.
      Reconnected batteries,connected charger and power on...charging led makes purple flashing and power led / keyboard baclight flashes soo.
      This flashing and rebooting takes maybe 30 seconds - I thought the laptop is dead.

...and finally voila laptop boots without charger wattage error. Windows have detected thunderbolt in device manager , firmware version is visible and battery charges without problem

Comment

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Backup from to machine working

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by longtuoc View Post
              not needed baut thank you...problem was solved

Comment

U2101 if you need
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X