Fake? Panasonic FL Series 6.3v/1800uf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake? Panasonic FL Series 6.3v/1800uf

Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying some caps on ebay and wondering if these http://cgi.ebay.com/500-Panasonic-6-...item3a5ac65048 are the real deal.
    They look to have a protruding rubber base (hard to tell from the photo). Wondering if anyone had some info on the panasonic date codes. Other posts about fake caps on ebay have me a bit skeptical about buying these.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Fake? Panasonic FL Series 6.3v/1800uf

Panasonic FL is a genuine ultra-low ESR series for motherboard use, generally sold only to the large mobo OEMs like Asus, Gigabyte and the like. It isn't available at retail, and there's no datasheet online anywhere.

The ones on EBay could be genuine surplus caps from one of the mobo OEMs or contract manufacturers like Flextronics. However, there's no way to tell if it's genuine from the EBay pic alone, without measuring some of its properties like ESR, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I've emailed the seller to see if they can send some pics of the top and bottom of the caps. Hopefully we can get some pictures.
      If I were to get a hold of these, what would a good esr reading be. Other caps of this value usually read .01 I believe. If they are genuine, would the Panasonic FL be too low to measure on the blue?
      Last edited by TECHMECH; 05-29-2010, 08:24 AM.

Comment

the font looks definitively fishy.
        but more pictures would be helpful.
        "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/260540193822

fake Rubycon MCZ's with panasonic vents and poor sleeving..
          i'd stay away from that seller..

edit: looking at his feedback, a lot of it is private. suggests he has something to hide IMO..
          Last edited by Scenic; 05-30-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Good eye Scenic.
            Deal seems too good to be true. However,another buyer just left some positive feedback for the same caps I was looking at. He has not got back to me with anymore pics. It is tempting. My gut tells me to just order from mouser like I always do.

Comment

Mouser would certainly be a better option than ordering from this guy. The only ebay seller I have found to be reliable is PCMCS. I've ordered from him before and all of his caps sure do look genuine.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/PC-Mo...__W0QQ_armrsZ1
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

reported.
                really poor fakes at that.

Comment

It is very important to know every aspect of the product before buy, whether it is genuine or fake.

It will really make life easy if investigate properly before buy.
                  mighty

Comment

Working...
                  X