Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compaq Quik silver2-CMT

Anyone have experiance with this board?

It's a socket 462 that came in the presario 7000 series I think.

I've found posts from differant forums, but none that have solved how to get the damn thing to post. It's acting JUST like my Dragon when I had the 2200+ in it..

Re: Compaq Quik silver2-CMT

I'm starting to think that the socket 462 processors are unstable or the boards are...

I have a asus A7N266-VM, 1600+ in it, 512mb ram (ddr-266, tested, no errors,) but the thing would post at first, and let me into the bios, then it wouldn't let me go into the bios, and if i pressed the delete key (to get into the bios,) when it was booting, it will beep, but rapidly and continuously afterwards. Won't boot off of a cd either. Has been recapped with rubycon's too.

Then there's my friend's HP Asus motherboard, that thing for some reason wouldn't get past post, would just sit there, reset the bios which took 2 days of the battery being out, then it would boot, but it would see the 3100+ that was originally functioning at 2.2ghz as a 1.46ghz, (it does autodetect, no way to manually set it,) and windows and the bios wouldn't say what it was, just a athlon xp at 1.467ghz!?!?!

Comment

Knowing what type of this 2200+ really needs and SPECIFIC boards that can support specific CPU is vital.

I have worked with athlons so I'll say: stick the old school CPU with old or newer boards while newer generations of athlon goes on the supported motherboards or much newer and quality of board DO MATTER.

The athlon is no easy stuff like P3 was in high freq bus and high watts. Even my 1GHz and 1.3GHz was 55-60W respectively while barton went on with A7N8X, A7S8X boards with no problems. All asus.

Stick with SiS or nForce2. That it. VIA is horrible.

Quality PSU, copper bottomed heatsinks are also important.

Once you get all this conditions met, you'll have a PC as good as Intel is.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

An odd thing about this board is that when I found it, it had Rubycon caps.

Comment

Working...
        X