X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post help identifying capacitors here

" LF 680 e 672 " (e or 0?)

I think this one is 680uF but what is the voltage? And how do you guess? Diameter is 7.8mm
    Attached Files

Comment

Like you said, this is a 680 uF polymer capacitor.
      From the LF and a little bit of searching, we can find out that this is a Nichicon LF series capacitor (datasheet here).
      When we look at the datasheet, on the first page under "Dimensions" we can see a breakdown of the meanings of the markings on the capacitor. From the "voltage" table next to the markings explanation, we can see that an "e" voltage code signifies a 2.5 volt capacitor.
      Now we can look at the second page with "Standard ratings". You can determine the exact capacitor you have by measuring the height with calipers or a ruler. Depending on the dimension, you will be looking for a replacement Aluminum Polymer capacitor with (9mm height) an ESR of 7 miliohms or lower and a ripple current capability of 4800 miliohms or higher or (12mm height) an ESR of 6 miliohms or lower and a ripple current capability of 5700 miliohms or higher. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewsawesomr View Post
        Like you said, this is a 680 uF polymer capacitor.
        From the LF and a little bit of searching, we can find out that this is a Nichicon LF series capacitor (datasheet here).
        When we look at the datasheet, on the first page under "Dimensions" we can see a breakdown of the meanings of the markings on the capacitor. From the "voltage" table next to the markings explanation, we can see that an "e" voltage code signifies a 2.5 volt capacitor.
        Now we can look at the second page with "Standard ratings". You can determine the exact capacitor you have by measuring the height with calipers or a ruler. Depending on the dimension, you will be looking for a replacement Aluminum Polymer capacitor with (9mm height) an ESR of 7 miliohms or lower and a ripple current capability of 4800 miliohms or higher or (12mm height) an ESR of 6 miliohms or lower and a ripple current capability of 5700 miliohms or higher. Let me know if you have any additional questions.
        That's very detailed, thank you very much!

I couldn't find this datasheet on Google. Did you look for it on a specific website or did you already know LF was related to Nichicon? Any more tips would be appreciated.

About the ripple current, for computer motherboards, computer PCI cards, etc, is lower ripple the most desirable? I mean, doesn't that give you a cleaner signal?

Is ripple always related to height? more height = higher ripple?

Thanks for bearing with me.

Comment

Originally posted by rattlesnake View Post
          That's very detailed, thank you very much!

I couldn't find this datasheet on Google. Did you look for it on a specific website or did you already know LF was related to Nichicon? Any more tips would be appreciated.

About the ripple current, for computer motherboards, computer PCI cards, etc, is lower ripple the most desirable? I mean, doesn't that give you a cleaner signal?

Is ripple always related to height? more height = higher ripple?

Thanks for bearing with me.
          I tried "Nichicon LF datasheet" as a search result since Nichicon is a large brand in the Aluminum Polymer capacitor space. However, you would be able to get to the same datasheet by searching "LF Polymer Capacitor Datasheet". The format of the capacitor code also made me think it was Nichicon (you can get an idea of the formatting by looking at the non-FPCAP Polymer Capacitor Datasheets on here [e.g. Nichicon [polymer] CF series.pdf ]).

The key with ripple current capability is that it is ripple current capability. This indicates how much ripple current the capacitor can handle in the input, not how much ripple current is in the output. Bigger capacitors of the same capacitance and voltage in the same series can generally handle more ripple than smaller capacitors of the same capacitance and voltage in that series.
          Let ne know if you have any further questions.

Comment

Wondering if anyone can help identify this component.
            It is out of a Yamaha Golf Cart charger JW9-82107-03.

My best guess is a capacitor of 2200pF, or some sort of varistor. I can not find any info online for the marking. It reads a resistance of 3.5 ohms and causes the fuse to blow when in circuit. It sits across a relay contact on the 120V AC side before the main input capacitor. See Pic.

Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RDRTech View Post
              Wondering if anyone can help identify this component.
              It is out of a Yamaha Golf Cart charger JW9-82107-03.

My best guess is a capacitor of 2200pF, or some sort of varistor. I can not find any info online for the marking. It reads a resistance of 3.5 ohms and causes the fuse to blow when in circuit. It sits across a relay contact on the 120V AC side before the main input capacitor. See Pic.

Thanks!

That's a standard 2.2 kohms thermistor . When I say standard , I mean it's difficult to identify the maker , so you need to find a similar maker while putting in search "2.2 kohms thermistor".

Thermistors cannot be measured because they are thermistors , and they depend on temperatures which is a variable . There is some specialized eq. to test them , but that's another story ..

Comment

Originally posted by jiroy View Post
                That's a standard 2.2 kohms thermistor . When I say standard , I mean it's difficult to identify the maker , so you need to find a similar maker while putting in search "2.2 kohms thermistor".

Thermistors cannot be measured because they are thermistors , and they depend on temperatures which is a variable . There is some specialized eq. to test them , but that's another story ..
                Thanks for the info, I will see what I can find and give it a shot

Comment

Hi,

I need to identify the voltage rating of a surface mount electrolytic capacitor. The PCB is from the handset unit of a cordless phone. There are two capacitors with that form factor on this PCB and they have the following markings:

UCL
                  6v ('v' has a bar on top)

4S.
                  L54

I was able to identify the second one using this datasheet: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...8808eb3b08.pdf

As for the first one, I thought it was a Nichicon UCL series capacitor but the markings do not match what is in the datasheet: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...aa6f7b9d47.pdf

The UCL datasheet indicates 'V' is used when the capacitor is rated for 35 Volts but such indication would be next to the capacitance value. If I interpret it as '6 volts', then I can't figure out the significance of the bar above the letter 'v'. This is an old product and maybe there's an older datasheet that describes this particular notation but I couldn't find it.

Then I thought "maybe this is also a Panasonic capacitor and UCL is just the lot code" and I went through many Panasonic datasheets (available at the EU Mouser site) but I couldn't find one that exactly matches the "6v with a bar on top" indication.

I appreciate any help that anyone can offer at this point.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello, i have a capacitor(?) that is gone in my Lenovo V14 ADA type 826C and i want to know what it is in order to buy a replacement.Thanks.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-05-2023, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1234567v14ada View Post
                      Hello, i have a capacitor(?) that is gone in my Lenovo V14 ADA type 826C and i want to know what it is in order to buy a replacement.Thanks.
                      You havn`t circled or marked anything,so no idea which one you mean.Anyway,you can find it with the schematic and boardview

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99843

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                        You havn`t circled or marked anything,so no idea which one you mean.Anyway,you can find it with the schematic and boardview

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99843

my bad, I was specifically looking for this.
                        Attached Files

Comment

If the reference designator "F2" refers to that component, it is a fuse.
                          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Can anyone help me identify these missing capacitors from this ps4 1200? Thanks

Comment

Hi friends,

I recently acquired an old PC power supply (along with several vintage motherboards from late 90s/early 2000s). The PSU was dead upon first test, but quickly identified the internal fuse had blown. I fixed that, re-tested and i'm pleased to report it seemed to work great after that - no obvious issues or reasons for the fuse to blow.

Afterwards, I inspected the capacitors more closely and noticed one pair required replacement. They weren't in bad shape by any stretch of imagination, but one was slightly bulged, and I wanted to swap them out for good measure.

The caps appear to be 'Kuang Jin', branded with a 'CS' logo, and has '2200uF 10V +105*C' printed on the side. The only other code shown on the cap is '0303M' - I haven't quite figured out what this means yet.

Now, without being able to track down a datasheet, i'm not entirely sure what to replace them with. I found some datasheets here - https://paullinebarger.net/DS/CS%20%...uang%20Jin%5d/ - but i'm struggling to identify which type they are.

Appreciate any tips here, i'm fairly new to the capacitor replacement game and keen to learn how to identify appropriate replacements, as I have many others to do.

Original thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/genera...citor-from-psu

K.

Comment

Respectfully request help identifying 4 missing components on a 2019 21.5" iMac board. Not worried about the Bios/EFI chip.
                                iMac 19,2
                                A2116
                                EMC 3195
                                MRT32LL/A*
                                Board # 820-01237-A

Attached is a photo of missing components.

Thank you.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by caseysam; 01-22-2024, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I tried to find the manufacturer of this cap from the logo but I found nothing. Any idea?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20231222_081740.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.1 KB ID:	3166460

Thanks,
                                  Stenio
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi all
                                    I have a Macbook Pro A1502 that has orange light on the power connector but no sign of life
                                    Hi, I need to replace the capacitor in the photo (KO 686 16k 519), could anyone identify it and show me a similar one?
                                    Thank you
                                    Attached Files

Comment

68uF, 16V tantalum or polymer. "519" is the date or lot code.
                                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
                                        68uF, 16V tantalum or polymer. "519" is the date or lot code.
                                        Thx a lot , just find on a old macbook motherboard

Comment

pls identify these capacitor, they are all damaged and i need to fix this hikvision board

Comment

Working...
                                          X