X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badcaps in apple Imac 27'' ?

Badcaps in imac 27 poweradapter ? awesome

Re: Badcaps in apple Imac 27'' ?

That's glue to hold them in place during wave soldering at the time of manufacture. Those are also not electrolytic caps, which are usually the ones thay bulge.

Comment

ok but I could help identify the important parts of the power supply? It's for more information. Thank you very much

Comment

I don't understand what you're asking.

Comment

My intention is to identify with arrows parts of the power source of the photo that I put above. Can it be? I am Spanish and I have a bad English. Thank you very much indeed.

Comment

I see. Unfortunately, unless you find a schematic (HIGHLY unlikely) or find a working board that you can desolder and measure these from, you are out of luck.

Comment

Well but that is the instinct to somehow try and give opinions. Anyone who knows anything about electronics, can give an approximation of what can be. Regards

Comment

Do you mean you want to know what those caps are, or you want to know what all the major parts in that picture are?

Sorry, just having a bit of a hard time understanding you.

Comment

Originally posted by 370forlife
                  or you want to know what all the major parts in that picture are?
                  I'm pretty sure this is it. I think he just wants someone to point out what each section of the power supply is, and what it does.
                  Antec Mini P180
                  Corsair 650TX psu
                  Core i5-750 (stock speed)
                  2x 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1600
                  Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
                  ATI FireGL V3600
                  (1) 36gb WD Raptor
                  (2) 1TB WD Caviar Black (Raid 1)

Comment

Items circled are not "Electrolytic capaicors".
                    The blue on at the bottom circled could possibly cause an issue if the voltage would go way too high at its input, it would burn/pop and go short circuit.

But if you are looking at repairing your power supply which is faulty and read on the internet that one of the issue is with "Bad caps" then the items circled are not your problem.

I would look for "bad caps" in the 4 black parts at the bottom of the picture or the 2 brown parts below the aluminium heat sink.
                    There is also anohte electrolytic capacitor on the left side of the 2 circled orange capacitor (non elctrolytic).

I hope this helps but if you do not know what the parts are supposed to look like, I doubt that you will know how to test them correctly?

The bad caps could be shorted or resistive
                    if one is Shorted then the fuse should be blown
                    If one is resistive then the power supply will not run, fuse will still be good.
                    In order to find the bad one, you would need an ESR meter.
                    You can google ESR meter.
                    Fairly easy device to use in order to find bad Electrolytic capacitor and the best tool.

Finding the part then assume that you know how to swap it.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X