Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS Board

My original post: "Howdy.
    I have been chasing a quirky ASUS a7n8x board. Noticed today leaking caps, found this forum, ordered new board but plan on recapping the old board.
    Magnum"

Wow. I put the new board in. I forgot that my processor was an AMD xp 3000+ because as the caps were failing so was my processor sensing. It had said it was a 2100!

I am going to get the kit for the old board and see if I can fix the old one unless you think I should order the caps elsewhere. The big ones are the 6.3 v,
    3300mf 's.
    Thanks for your help

Re: ASUS Board

Originally posted by Magnum12 View Post
    It had said it was a 2100!
    The Asus A7N8X BIOS may call it something else when underclocked.

Make sure the FSB is at 166 Mhz to get the stock clock back.

The multi is x13.0. You want 166x13.0 for stock clocks.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Re: ASUS Board

I tried and be board would not run there. I am thinking the caps are the root cause. What I am saying is that obviously the cpu sensor wasn't working either and it pushed the processor speed down.
      Ordered cap kit.
      Thanks for the reply.
      Magnum

Comment

Working...
      X