Clear All

Re: Samsung Plasma power supply, blown standby IC

sounds good to m e
    smith

Comment

"The power supply is Model B4K-50, Assy #LJ44-00051A."

Dear friend:

I need to know the value of R2. It´s next to IC2 (ICE 2A280Z). It´s broken and fired.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kronec View Post
        "The power supply is Model B4K-50, Assy #LJ44-00051A."

Dear friend:

I need to know the value of R2. It´s next to IC2 (ICE 2A280Z). It´s broken and fired.

Thank you.
        If I recall, it is 0.5 ohm, 1 watt. Also replace IC2 and all the electrolytic caps around it, including the caps under the big aluminum cover. I found all of them to be bad on the ones I serviced.

Comment

Thank you very much ¡¡¡¡ I´m going to look for the materials and say you soon. Sorry, my english isn´t good. I´m spanish.

Thank you again.

Comment

Uffff, I´m changed R2, IC2, D900, F5 and some capacitors and it doesn´t work. The impedance of the relay is posible 1 Kohm ?? D900 isn´t at schematic but I think that it´s a 8,2 v. zener. Any comments?

Thank you ¡¡

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxarcade View Post
              Just letting you guys know that I got it working. Had to replace a few caps, a resistor, and the IC.
              Do you remember witch caps and resistors, and their values. I have found the same problem. Thanks for the info so far.

Comment

Hi guys, I have had quite a burnout by IC2, cannot read the values of R2, C268, C51.

This all started with a arc across D26 & 27.
                If it is possible to get a copy of the Samsung MOD-B4K-50 Diagram It would be most appreciated.
                Thanks Tom.

Comment

LOL! My burnout looks the same as page 1.
                  I suspect it will be difficult to obtain IC2 here in South Africa.
                  What are the primary outputs of this section? Perhaps I could just bypass it with a Cell charger? Or printer supply?
                  Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxxarcade View Post
                    Thanks, I was able to find the service manual for that PS42P35, which uses the same power supply as this Planar set. Looks like the chip is an IEC2A280. I can't find one anywhere though
                    Can you tell me where you found that manual? Much Thanks!

Comment

Hi ed i found the manual here.

Comment

Hi everyone

Sorry to post on such an old thread but the power supply I have is the same one as listed here (B4K-50) and I appear to have a similar although more perplexing problem.

Basically I have a PDP that I got given for free, which I think was hit by a power surge. The Ysus buffers had a couple of blown ic's and so I have replaced them but the set will not power up. When I plug in the AC lead the standby light comes on steady for about 5 secs. Then it blinks 9 times and goes out. It will not come on again no matter what I press on the remote or panel buttons, but if I remove AC for a sec and plug straight back in it does the same again... Even if I just plug in and press nothing the same thing happens.

I have checked voltage on the power board and found that the only circuit showing any voltage is the 5V standby circuit. All other pins are 0V. I have removed and tested the bridge rectifiers, and have checked all the capacitors, plus I have tested continuity on the transformers and all seem ok. There is absolutely no visible damage to any of the components on the board. Not even any scorch marks. I have found a schematic and had a look but I am a newbie to this kind of repair, and have no idea what to look for next.

I was reading on another site http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...ok-bridge.html about IC2 which is the standby IC. Although there is no visible damage I get the impression that the internal MOSFET can die which would prevent it from coming out of standby? Given the symptoms I have described I am considering getting a replacement IC. Is this a logical step to take, or is there anything else I should look at before replacing it?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by alanos313 View Post
                          Hi everyone

Sorry to post on such an old thread but the power supply I have is the same one as listed here (B4K-50) and I appear to have a similar although more perplexing problem.

Basically I have a PDP that I got given for free, which I think was hit by a power surge. The Ysus buffers had a couple of blown ic's and so I have replaced them but the set will not power up. When I plug in the AC lead the standby light comes on steady for about 5 secs. Then it blinks 9 times and goes out. It will not come on again no matter what I press on the remote or panel buttons, but if I remove AC for a sec and plug straight back in it does the same again... Even if I just plug in and press nothing the same thing happens.

I have checked voltage on the power board and found that the only circuit showing any voltage is the 5V standby circuit. All other pins are 0V. I have removed and tested the bridge rectifiers, and have checked all the capacitors, plus I have tested continuity on the transformers and all seem ok. There is absolutely no visible damage to any of the components on the board. Not even any scorch marks. I have found a schematic and had a look but I am a newbie to this kind of repair, and have no idea what to look for next.

I was reading on another site http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/...ok-bridge.html about IC2 which is the standby IC. Although there is no visible damage I get the impression that the internal MOSFET can die which would prevent it from coming out of standby? Given the symptoms I have described I am considering getting a replacement IC. Is this a logical step to take, or is there anything else I should look at before replacing it?

I would really appreciate any help you can give me with this.

Thanks in advance

Alan
                          First, knowing the model number of the TV may be helpful.

Second, the power supply is actually multiple supplies in one. The standby supply is on whenever the TV is plugged in. The main supply (and the PFC front end) are turned on by the main board. If the PSON signal doesn't go active, the main supply won't turn on.

That leads us to the third point. The quality of information we can provide is dependent on the quality of information YOU provide. Pictures are a very big help. First, one picture of the back of the TV (with the back removed), second, a clear, well lit picture of the power supply, as close to 2000 pixels x 2000 pixels as possible without going over. And in many cases the output connectors are labeled with the function of each pin. A picture of the connector would be very helpful. Attach the pictures using 'Manage Attachments' - below the text entry area. Do not post the pictures inline.

PlainBill
                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hello again

Thanks for the quick reply! Here is some further info...

The panel is a Samsung PPM50H3

I have attached several pics which I took with my iPhone so hopefully they are clear enough. (I removed the plastic tops from the four big caps to check that they were not blown, so although they look funny they are all ok) I have also checked all the pins on the power board, and have found the following readings:

Connector CN802:
                            THER-D: 4.8V
                            STB-5V: 5V
                            PS-ON: 2.9V

Connector CN803:
                            VS-ON: 2V

All other pins are dead

The schematic for this power supply can be found here

Cheers
                            Alan
                            Attached Files

Comment

Additional info, sorry I missed the edit window.

All the voltages above were taken with all leads disconnected apart from AC supply.

With all leads plugged in, voltages are as follows at the connectors:

CN802
                              THER D: 4.4V
                              STB-5V: 5V
                              PS ON: 0.5V
                              D3.3: 0.9V

CN803
                              VS ON: 0.4V
                              D3.3: 0.9V

all others are 0V.

hope this helps

Alan
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by alanos313; 01-07-2012, 10:23 AM. Reason: added missing pic of power supply

Comment

bump

Comment

Hi I introduce myself first and say that I´m a fan of electronics from Spain and my English is little bad (use google translator )

I have the same problem as discussed here. This is a plasma tv (Harsper hp-4200b) with the plate (B4K-50) (LJ44-00051A) from Samsung.
                                  My problem is like that of MAXXARCADE: IC2, R2, C268, C51 and F9 are blowned.
                                  Just as I was ordering the components, I've noticed that the transformer T35 in their pins 1 and 2 show infinite resistance so I think this also is blowned.
                                  Where can i buy the transformer? It shows this ref: SJB-002 and SJ033S but google shows any.
                                  Do You think that changing these components I can enjoy some more of this TV?
                                  Thanks and I hope your help.

PS1: Why the manual no shows the ZD900. I tested and think that are ok. Kronec says that is 8,2V zener...is this correct?
                                  PS": Hello Kronec I've seen that you are my countryman. Have you solved your problem with the tv? Have you tested if t2 was ok?. Un saludo paisa.

Comment

sorry duplicated
                                    Last edited by trosdepep; 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: duplicated

Comment

I dont know if this is possible or crazy... but there is any possibility of change or void the standby circuit (I see that is the problem of this board) by a manual switch?.

Photos:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
                                      Last edited by trosdepep; 07-27-2012, 10:30 AM. Reason: Problem with photos

Comment

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Comment

I answer myself because I found this on ebay.
                                          They repair plates.

There is a fact that seriously worries me because it says the following:
                                          "Please be Advised That There are special components on board That That We Can not source. If Some of Them is at fault we will not be Able to repair the board! Those include, for example, all transformers on the board as They Are all uniquely made for it and not generic Substitutes are available on the market. "

So I can not repair the board, because the T3S is broken ...

Comment

Working...
                                          X