Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Electronics Theory and Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting Computer Displays
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
vince88

City & State: SF Bay Area, California
Arrow Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Just repaired a Viewsonic 2030B, Model VS10772 20" diagonal Manufactured Dec. 2005. that did not power-up. Cracking the shell open is tricky; because the front bezel is hooked to the metal chassis [see pic “clamps”] you need to gently pry the back shell front the bezel by pushing in numerous plastic tags [see pic “shell”] until you can lift the back shell away from the bezel/chassis. Only then can you separate the bezel from the chassis, see pic “chassis’.
There are four main boards [1] Power Board model EADP-64BF, see pic “pwr” with 120/220VAC input [2] Processing/VGA/DVI board model DALAVPMB011, see pic “cpu” [3] Backlight board model NV20-6009 FVP55106432B with 6 outputs see pic “backlight” [4] USB hub board 1-in to 4-out see pic “usb”

Visual inspection shows [a] on the Power board, see pic “pwr-cap”: a bulged cap LTEC 470mic 16V type LZG105*C. There are some discoloration on the Power board [b] on the Processing/VGA/DVI board, see pic “cpu-caps”: two bulged caps TEAPO 330mic 16V Type SS105*C see pic "cpu-caps".
I replaced these three caps with 330mic 25V 105*C [Sprague caps from HSC in Sunnyvale] that I had lying around, and the screen is now working. The components close to the discoloration are still functional; I guess they overheated because of the LTEC cap failure.
Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clamps.jpg (23.0 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg clamp.jpg (29.7 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg chassis.jpg (52.9 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg pwr.jpg (171.9 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg pwr-cap.jpg (67.6 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg cpu.jpg (89.2 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg shell.jpg (9.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg usb.jpg (79.4 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg cpu-caps.jpg (81.8 KB, 147 views)
File Type: jpg Backlight.jpg (60.0 KB, 127 views)
vince88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
ymedan

Default Re: Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Hi,

My monitor will power up for a few seconds and then cut off. Seems like an overcurrent protection circuits kicks in. This persists even after replacing all bulged caps. Any advice on what needs to be further replaced?

Thanks
ymedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
selldoor
Slow Learner

City & State: Lancashire UK
Default Re: Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymedan View Post
Hi,

My monitor will power up for a few seconds and then cut off. Seems like an overcurrent protection circuits kicks in. This persists even after replacing all bulged caps. Any advice on what needs to be further replaced?

Thanks
Hi -double posting in old threads will not help your case- it is a waste of resources and leads to confusion.
Have you specifically read the thread titled "A guide on how to troubleshoot 2 seconds to black" in these forums.
Whilst Bad caps can be the cause or contribute to 2secs to black it could be any number of other things. My suggestion would be you start your own thread state your problem, include pictures of your boards front&back. Say what you have tried/tested so far and post the results. Give descriptions of which caps you replaced and what you replaced or had them replaced with. Give some information about yourself -electrical skills and the tools you have access to. A good idea is to read some of the other threads and see what others did.
selldoor is offline   Reply With Quote