Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > General Topics > Off Topic / Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
Maxxarcade
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: Genesee County, Michigan
Default 93 Silverado wiring diagram

Anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for a 93 Silverado with a 4.3L?

I'm having problems with the lockup torque converter, and I want to trace the wires from the ECM to the tranny. I think the problem is a broken wire or corroded connector. It used to be intermittent or act up when I hit a bump, but now it doesn't lock at all.

Also my fuel gauge doesn't work most of the time. Says 1/8 tank when full for example. Sometimes it will work fine. Sending unit is only 2 years old.

Last edited by Maxxarcade; 10-03-2009 at 07:47 PM..
Maxxarcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #2
kc8adu
Super Moderator

City & State: dayton ohio
Default Re: 93 Silverado wiring diagram

bad brake switch.see lots of em fail.its job is to unlock when you brake.
and the gauge is likely the conector that goes through the plate on the pump/sender assy.usually burnt on the ground or +12 to the pump.if the ground it makes the gauge go goofy.
kc8adu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
Maxxarcade
Badcaps Veteran

Is there more than one set of contacts on the brake switch? I read something about that, but seems like it was for late 80's model years.

I thought that on a 93, everything went through the ECM. It has a 4L60E trans, and I was under the impression that the ECM drove the TCC solenoid directly?

Though I will say this- A few months ago I had to brake hard at an intersection, and then I accelerated quickly afterward. My torque converter worked perfect for about a month after that, and then quit again.

On the fuel gauge, does the gauge get +12 all the time, and the sending unit in the tank provide the negative side?

Last edited by Maxxarcade; 10-03-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Old 10-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
Maxxarcade
Badcaps Veteran

Hey KC8, just letting you know that you were right! Got a new switch today, and everything is working properly now. The old one had all 4 wiper contacts broken.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
kc8adu
Super Moderator

just got a 94 in for free.just before the owner lost his license and had it pushed in to the barn it died with a fuel gauge turned all the way around past the full mark.
someone told him it was the computer.$1000+ to repair.
yup ground pin in the connector burnt.funny thing is that his neighbor saw me winching it onto the car hauler and told me he will buy it when i fix it.
Old 10-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
Maxxarcade
Badcaps Veteran

Sweet, that was a deal :-)

My fuel gauge says empty all the time. Sometimes it will momentarily move up to 1/4 tank or so when I stop at a light.

Another problem I still have, is sometimes when I put it in reverse and touch the gas pedal, it will stall instantly as if the key was turned off. I just had a couple ground straps replaced to no avail. At least it always starts back up and is fine for a few weeks usually.

Last edited by Maxxarcade; 10-27-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-28-2009, 12:13 AM   #7
kc8adu
Super Moderator

with that symptom body grounds would be my first suspect too.
a friends g20 had an odd problem after the transmission was replaced by some dumb hicks.hit a bump and the thing would start bucking and pinging along with wacky gauges and whining through the radio.next time you stopped it would recover.yes the idiots left off the ground from the block/bellhousing to the body!
thing had a dull knocking sound too.all the bellhousing bolts were loose!no excuse for that as the bolts are easy to get to with the cover off.so is that body ground.