Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta DPS-700FB

just bought one of those.
    they sell them on ebay for only 26€ (= about 33 US$ or 53 AU$) new (bulk)

Auto-Range input (100 - 127 VAC 12 A; 47 Hz - 63 Hz ... 200 - 240 VAC 6 A; 47 Hz - 63 Hz)
    Output:
    +3.3 V - 24.0 A
    +12 V1 - 18.0 A
    +12 V2 - 16.0 A
    +12 V3 - 18.0 A
    +12 V4 - 18.0 A
    +5 VSB - 3.0 A
    +5.0 V - 24.0 A
    -12 V - 0.5 A

Notes:
    • +5 V and +3.3 V total output not to exceed 140 W
    • Maximum combined load on +12 V is 50 A
    • Maximum total continuous output power is 700 W
    how the hell can they sell them soo freakin cheap?!? wtf

i'm gonna post inside pics and caps as soon as it arrives here..

this seems too good to be true...

link: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=390002941168

Re: Delta DPS-700FB

My guess is it's an overstock or liquidation OEM lot, perhaps originally meant for Dell, HP, Lenovo or the like. Anyway, if it's original Delta and standard ATX pinout, their loss is going to be somebody else's gain.

Comment

psu arrived yesterday... took it apart to see whats inside..
      looks really good...

caps are all nippon chemicon and rubycon. only a few really small ones (below 50uF ; on the fan controller board) are LTec craps. but i guess thats OK..

this thing is just insane in any way... the fan is an 80mm one... but even that fan is INSANE!
      i mean.. i tested it on a USB HDD case PSU with one of thore molex adapters with open ended wires...
      turned it on and i was kinda suprised.. was rather quiet and still powerful...
      BUT: after playing around i noticed that i took the wrong molex adapter... that fan was actually running on 5V instead of 12V, but it performed like a usual 80mm fan @ 12V..

well... then i connected it to 12V... holy shit! WTF!? this thing is as powerful as a 120mm fan at full speed!! :O
      it can actually make a lose 120mm fan spin up fast just by holding it into the airflow WTF..
      this thing is crazy.. its more like a hair dryer fan instead of a PC fan :O

i'm gonna post pics and probably a vid of that fan later on, as i won't be able to finish this stuff within that dumb 10 minute edit limit ... (BTW: what the hell is that for anyways?! a 1hour edit limit would be much better IMHO (if any..))

Comment

well.. this time without descriptions and all that stuff.. just the plain link to my webspace with the directory listing turned on.
        if you get ads, click on "schließen" (close)

http://bambooz.pytalhost.net/badcaps/DPS-700/

videos of that fan... (bad quality.. mobile phone cam):
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBJpvp8MHuw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiJonUvnzw

Comment

oh my god! this fan is crazy

Comment

[Dumb girl scream]OMG! You bought a vacuum cleaner![/Dumb girl scream]

The construction vaguely resembles my 450 W Newton Power, but employs bigger components; if the Fan control chip nehaves the same on Deltas and Nenwtons, then the fan is thermally controlled and should run at roughly half speed. If you live in a quiet room, it should be noisy even at half speed
            Nevertheless congratulations for your purchase: a sturdy psu, with better caps than mine (mine has Ltecs or Letecs on 12 V secondaries too).

Zandrax
            Have an happy life.

Comment

What's the green LED shown on the 2nd video?

Comment

i just "sandwiched" another 80mm fan to that delta fan and connected a LED to it..
                don't ask how i got the idea to do this

http://bambooz.pytalhost.net/badcaps...0/image043.jpg
                Last edited by Scenic; 11-06-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Ah! Using a fan as a wind powered generator! That's an interesting idea.
                  It might serve me as a way to compare how much air generic 8cm case fans move. Could you tell me the value and wattage of the resistance you put in series? Did you put a diode in series too?

Comment

Just was searching Google about one and this thread showed up.
                    It's Delta->Gateway OEM, Gateway PN: 6501079 or 6501079R
                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

I have seen this PSu too and bookmarked the auction. Really heavy beasts those deltas and quite a bargain for those older systems with lots of 5v needs.
                      Thx for the pic`s very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X