A tale of Flatron L1710S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tale of Flatron L1710S

I thought I would post this for the benefit of people who could be scratching their heads after doing all the right things.

I had a LG Flatron L1710S LCD screen which had shown the following symptoms - when turned on, a very dim screen would present for a few seconds and then would turn off.

I proceeded to dismantle the screen to access the powerboard/inverter. On examining the power board, there were no obvious signs of any capacitor failure. However the capacitors were Samxon branded GF series. After reading this forum, I decided to change the caps to Panasonics FC series. Anyway there were 8 changed but when I assembled the components again, the screen was brighter but would still turn off after a couple of seconds. I spent the day trying to figure out how to test the board. I hoped that it was just a poor solder connection.

Anyway on disassembling the screen, I discovered that the CCL connection to the inverter section was loose. So I had a look and there was a bent pin. After straightening the bent pin, the LCD worked perfectly. The pin obviously bent when I was reinserting the connection and I believe what had happened was that the non-contact sent an open circuit signal to the inverter controller (OZ960) to shut down the circuit.

So the moral is not to overlook the possibility of bent pins when trying to diagnose problems.

Worth a laugh!

Re: A tale of Flatron L1710S

lg l1710s firemware plz uregent

Comment

Re: A tale of Flatron L1710S

Originally posted by mahmoodjavan View Post
      lg l1710s firemware plz uregent
      You will find it here . http://master-tv.com/proshivki/mon/L...mory-dump.html
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
      X