Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSC - Evercon - SAMWHA - SamYoung - Mfr site found.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSC - Evercon - SAMWHA - SamYoung - Mfr site found.

I dunno if this has been found yet.

The old link in...
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=388
    .... is a dead one.

New home page:
    http://home.so-net.net.tw/gsccap/NEW/e-index.htm

Note: "GSC cap" in the URL and the site is for "Evercon".

If you read the "History" page...
    http://home.so-net.net.tw/gsccap/NEW...%20history.htm
    It flat says they're the mfr for SAMWHA since 2003 and SamYoung since 2004.

Wonder who else they've been re-labeling for... ?

Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Re: GSC - Evercon - SAMWHA - SamYoung - Mfr site found.

Well, this would explain why i have seen a lot of failed SamYong and Samwha caps in many appliances like TFT, DVD, Sat. etc.
    But what the heck is franchise in cap production? does this mean they got the whole detailed process how to make caps or does this mean, they could label their caps with the franchise partners name?

Any way, good that i have not used those cheap Samwha crap in my repairs, unlike most TV techs do here.

Comment

I 'think' what they mean is that Evercon (formerly GSC) is the actual manufacturer for the other labels.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Scary - GSC/Evercon being the OEM for Samyoung. I thought that Samyoung was moderately reliable, at least for non-critical applications - need to rethink that now.

Comment

I dont think there is enough information there to say that. It says they have the "franchise" which can mean that they have a special distribution agreement.

Of course I would not be surprised if they were doing manufacturing for these companies also but it doesnt say that on that specific page.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Might be but, as both companies have cap factories what makes more sense to me is that some series or type caps go one way and other types or series' go the other.
            -
            If they do that then they don't have to change production mode (switch product) as often in the factories and that will increase their productivity.
            -
            That's about the only major 2-way advantage I can see to these two teaming up.
            -
            But I can't see everything.....

-

- Dr Seuss
            -
            -

Comment

2001 - "Success to develop LE series product which is the same step with Rubycon MBZ series to meet P4 motherboard request and pass the ISO-9001-2000 certificate."

WTF? Evercon caps are not comparable at all to the trusted Rubycon MBZ cap. :LOL:

Evercon is not successful in any way with their LE series caps. I had one of their high-end ME series caps (-40 to 125 degrees Celsius rated caps) fail on a XFX video card before.

Older SAMYOUNG products are reliable for probably non-critical applications, though teaming up with Evercon is not a good idea.
              Last edited by Newbie2; 09-20-2007, 02:07 PM.
              My gaming PC:
              AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
              ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
              PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
              G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
              TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
              WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
              ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
              Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
              Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
              Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
              Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Yeah I know...

It also shows how worthless ISO certificates are in determining the quality of the companies end product.

-

- Dr Seuss
                -
                -

Comment

ISO 9000 looks at the documentation and consistency of your processes rather than effectiveness. So if your troubleshooting process is to sacrifice chickens, document what kind of chicken, the age and sex, the kind of knife to use, where to make the incisions, what to look at and how to interpret it.
                  PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                  To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Exactly.

ISO is about business practices not the quality of the product.

Yet businesses 'harp' on their ISO Cert as proof of the quality of their product in their ads.

It's all a load of BS.

One could get an ISO Cert to sell spit as bottled water as long as the 'process' was consistent and well documented.

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

I captured their homepage's flash banner headline, we can see Lelon polymer OCRZ, i am surprise there is any relative with Lelon..... Samyoung is to expect, i know.
                      Attached Files
                      My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

Wow, I have a Denon 7.1 Channel home theatre surround receiver that has ALL Sam Young Caps. I did get the 3 year replacement plan.

Comment

Working...
                        X