Insignia ns-32lcd 32" TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia ns-32lcd 32" TV

I have an insignia ns-32lcd the TV's standby red light flashes continuously once plugged in but no response from on button or remote. The power supply output of 5v is constant and the logic board is sending the on signal successfully. However, both 24v outputs of the power supply start at 24v regardless of the power button being pressed and fluctuate from 24v down to 9v and back up to 24v every few seconds. I've replaced all of the capacitors on the power supply board except for the large filter cap which reads about 295v when the TV is plugged in and is rated for 450v 150uf. Could this be the problem? Or would it be a problem with voltage regulation? Pictures of boards listed below.
    Attached Files

Re: Insignia ns-32lcd 32" TV

Also i don't know how i forgot to include this but the tv never changes from black screen and the standby red flashing light never turns blue showing the tv is on. Anyone have a clue on what would be causing this?

Comment

Hi,

The 24V rail is bouncing with the connector for inverter in or out?
      If it's in and the voltage is still variyng could be some inverter failure. If the connector is out then you need to dig on the PS 24 rail (assuming that the main board is sending the PS_On signal correct). In this case check the semiconductors from the secondry side D516 to D521.
      This kind of fault may also be produced from the driver chip from primary side, N504 SSC9500 IC. Does it have the correct voltage on it's supply pins?

Assuming the schematic attached corresponds with your PS!
      Attached Files
      In a transistor circuit protected by a fuse, the transistor will always blow to protect the fuse.

Comment

The 24v rail is bouncing with the inverter in and with it out. I'm not sure if that's the schematic for my PS since mine seems to have a 4800CS instead of an SSC9500 IC. Btw not sure if this is useful or not but the previous owner said it went pop before it died.

Comment

Hi,

You should read this thread first, a lot of usefull informations, I see you have the same Power Supply.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10576

Check Budm's picture from post #92 as well

That "pop" sound might have come from a semiconductor from the hot side (mosfet, diode, IC) or from a fuse. Inspect them all carefully (both side of the PCB).

All the best!
          In a transistor circuit protected by a fuse, the transistor will always blow to protect the fuse.

Comment

Thanks! The large filter cap seems to be low on voltage so i assume there's something wrong upstream of that on the hot side like you said. I read through that thread the other day and i guess i missed that post. I'll go through the semiconductors upstream of that tomorrow if i get a chance.

Comment

Working...
            X