||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|06-05-2013, 10:25 AM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2013
City & State: Houston Texas
My Country: US
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Mitsubishi WS-65807 projection TV
Hi All - I am messing around with an old dinosaur of a 60 inch projection television
- pressing input and video for 5 sec to get error code 21 x-ray circuit
- the x-ray circuit is on the main board next to the hv flyback PCB-MAIN pg18 of service manual
- seems to have a fuse on all the outputs which makes things alot easier
- most of cold side/secondary not reading any voltages except for the standby voltage
- fuses F9A01 and A06 no voltages .. in standby supply
- only R9A62 reading 12v in switched supply .. D9A57/F9A03/F9A04/F9A04 all zero
- the hv section is fed from 110v on the KF connector to pcb main pg3/2987
- turning the power switch on and off in front doesn't change anything on the cold/secondary voltages
- guessing either a bad fuse large power cap or bad rectifier up the line .. but it is still getting 12v dc on standby
- you can see all the secondary green fuses in image 2064
- Will running this power supply without a load damage it or should I connect a power resistor to the 12v output? want to live test it disconnected from rest of TV
- Also looking for some general knowledge and description of the circuits in projection televisions or maybe another well written service manual showing far more details
Any help is appreciated
preliminary photos of circuit board - I will take better ones tommorrow
|06-07-2013, 08:41 AM||#2|
Join Date: May 2012
City & State: Florence, KY.
My Country: USA
I'm a: Hardcore Geek
Re: Mitsubishi WS-65807 projection TV
No Power On
1. CHECK IC7A00 PIN 53 FOR LOW LOGIC (0 VOLTS), IF HIGH (3.3 VDC) CHECK FOR SHORTED D9A31 PART # 264P045050 AND OPEN R9A33 220 OHM 1/4 WATT ON THE POWER PCB.
Shutdown at Power
This model is equipped with a self-diagnosis feature to help with diagnosis of shutdown problems. To activate this turn the unit on let it shutdown then press the input/device and menu buttons on the front panel simultaneously and hold them in for 5 seconds after 5 seconds the power LED on the front panel will blink a two digit sequence. This will be one set of blinks a short pause then another set of blinks, this will repeat 5 times.
1 - 2 = no error detected
2 - 1 = X-ray protect (high voltage or beam current)
2 - 2 = Short protect (short protect monitors low voltage supplies)
2 - 3 = Deflection protect (this could be loss of vertical or horizontal deflection)
2 - 4 = Vertical protect (usually loss of vertical from the source)
1. SELF- DIAGNOSIS INDICATE X-RAY. CHECK FOR A SHORTED IC5A03 PART # 270P704010 AND AN OPEN R5A73 82K ¼ WATT OFF PIN 2 OF IC5A02 ON THE MAIN PCB.
2. SELF DIAGNOSIS ERROR INDICATES SHORT PROTECT. CHECK FOR OPEN FUSES F9A04 AND F9A05 PART # 283P043090 ON THE +24 AND -24 VOLT LINES. IF THE FUSES ARE OPEN THE CONVERGENCE OUTPUT CIRCUIT WOULD BE SUSPECT.
3. SELF-DIAGNOSIS INDICATES SHORT PROTECT. CHECK FOR A SHORTED IC4B01 PART # 270P261020 (VERTICAL OUTPUT) LOADING 24-VOLT SUPPLY LINE. LOCATED ON THE MAIN PCB.