Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Electronics Theory and Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
rmoody
Learning Member

City & State: West Tennessee
Default Rca 32la30rq problems

I have this 32" RCA tv that belongs to a friend. She said it will work for a day or two sometimes then won't work for a week or so. She also said that once the tv was on the only way to turn off was to unplug it. When she gave it to me I got the power led to change from red to blue but I never got a picture, tried turning off and like she said, nothing from the control panel or remote. I have had the control panel problem before and it ended up being a am-1117 voltage regulator on the main board. I probed all of the VR's on this main board and everything seemed to be within spec. All output's on the power supply are on all the time now! Even in the current state it's in with the red LED (off) position. Can't seem to get it to power up again like it did when I first got it. Anyone got any suggestions? All power supply voltages are within spec. I'm still thinking Main board but not sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1562.JPG (945.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1563.JPG (819.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1564.JPG (1.18 MB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1565.JPG (1.14 MB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1566.JPG (1.05 MB, 21 views)
rmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
rmoody
Learning Member

City & State: West Tennessee
Default Re: Rca 32la30rq problems

nobody??
Couldn't find a service manual either but if anyone might know where one is please direct me towards it.
rmoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
pinewood26

City & State: WATERVILLE
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker

rmoody....I am having the same problem as you are. Plug it in and shes on however the screen is lit but no control over the other function buttons. I am wondering and looking into replacing the whole powerboard of which I suspect. The reason I feel this way is that the other board (tuner etc) seems to be effected as well in which I believe the the power board is not giving power to the proper circuits to function normally. I had a Sharp lcd dong the same thing and I replaced about half of the capacitors on that board and I recovered a good set back to normal and to this day after a year is still working fine. My guess the power. Again expensive, but an easy solution to the problem..jon
pinewood26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
craig92

City & State: Des Moines, IA
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker

I'm having problems with an RCA 32LA45RQ with no service manual, however I noticed printed on the power supply board it shows all the voltages that should be present on pins for the connectors. You may want to see if they are on your board also.
craig92 is offline   Reply With Quote