Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

testing a dead board to see what happens.
    update:

I replaced the resistor they keeps blowing out on the SC board. this board is the TNPA5335AJ. It blows out again then i get 6 blinks normally a dead board gives me 7 blinks.also had SC20 removed connected sc20 and powered up again after it blew and it sorta tries to and makes hissing zapping sounds even seen the Power LED light flash for a second. it powers down with 6 blinks like i said. Board seems fixable.waiting for new A board. the board should blow anything without sc20 connected right? i want to try this new board but without SC20 connected is that safe?
    Last edited by 9ks2k; 07-26-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

SC fault can be 6 or 7 blinks. Not sure what you'll prove powering up with SC20 removed. It will simply throw a SOS and most likely 6 blink. I would say simply replacing the 1 ohm resistor won't achieve anything except a repeat of the same failure as you most likely have shorted out transistor/s.

Comment

IF i remove the 2 legs from the transistors should i get a proper reading from them? or do i have to remove them from the board completely?

Comment

If shorted, they will test shorted in cct. You could lift the legs and reconfirm a short. When they have banks of FETs paired up then that's when one can short out the rest so in some cases there maybe only one bad or the lot.

But you may have to also check out other parts around the transistor shorted as they may have also failed and or also caused it to fail. You'd have to locate the bad part in the schematic and see what's connected to each other.

Just a pity the PDF image is no longer good enough to blow right up and remain clear.

Comment

yeah

Comment

installed new sc board and A-board. tv powered right up. a-board has zero hours on it. my revision is 2.010-01.01.0049 is that the latest?

Comment

Actaully just updated through viera cast should be running 2.22 now

Comment

The information on this site is giving me the courage to try and fix my TC-p50ST30, died at 18 months. What a great site.
                  Last edited by nwflight; 08-02-2013, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Last edited by nwflight; 08-02-2013, 02:48 PM. Reason: duplication

Comment

Originally posted by nwflight View Post
                      Great
                      Did you know there's an edit feature for up to 90mins after posting for all the bloopers?

Saves me everytime

Comment

Hope it is ok to post here untill system accepts me. I cannot find the exact same symptoms.
                        TC-50ST30 manufactured May 2011 six months over one year warranty was watching it and screen just went out. Unplugged and plugged back in red power light comes on but no reaction to remote or anything. holding power button down for 5 seconds then red power light flashes 14 times. Have to unplug to turn off. Have downloaded repair manual but still want to call Panasonic before I touch anything. Could it be as simple as just replacing a fuse? Nearest Panasonic repair is over 200 miles away. Was retirement gift from kids and I am dying without it, found CRT in dump for now. Thanks.
                        Last edited by nwflight; 08-02-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nwflight View Post
                          Hope it is ok to post here untill system accepts me. I cannot find the exact same symptoms.
                          TC-50ST30 manufactured May 2011 six months over one year warranty was watching it and screen just went out. Unplugged and plugged back in red power light comes on but no reaction to remote or anything. holding power button down for 5 seconds then red power light flashes 14 times. Have to unplug to turn off. Have downloaded repair manual but still want to call Panasonic before I touch anything. Could it be as simple as just replacing a fuse? Nearest Panasonic repair is over 200 miles away. Was retirement gift from kids and I am dying without it, found CRT in dump for now. Thanks.
                          Taking me now , started new thread 14 blinks.
                          Personally I'd be taking Panasonic on for an out of warranty repair. I don't know what consumer laws you have there but in 2011 over here they introduced laws which state the item needs to be fit for the purpose and last what would be considered a reasonable amount of time.

18 months is too short, sadly it seems be a common issue. Over here we have Consumer Affairs to challenge these situations, just depends how much effort people are prepared to put in to fight it.

Sounds like shorted Vsus at startup, highly likely it won't be a fuse.

A snip from the 2011 FHD Plasma training guide ST30

Shutdown but No Blink code - Power LED stays on (Check for Shorted Vsus* / Vda** / P15V).
                          •
                          2 – 3 – 5 blinks are not used.
                          •
                          Changes – 2010 models > SC20 disconnected = 6 blinks .
                          2011 models > SC20 disconnected = 8 blinks.
                          •
                          13 blinks -> Internal communication error on A board.
                          •
                          14 blinks -> Loss of F15V from P bd. P6/pin 10 or A Bd detection.
                          •
                          Decrease of SOS detect time when SC20 is disconnected (no false det)

Comment

Another snip

NO BLINK, SOLID RED

LSI Error

Shorted Vsus ,Shorted Vda, Shorted P15V

14 BLINKS

This code is triggered if there are abnormalities during data exchange with the standby CPU ROM.

No F15V connected to the A board at plug-in (Open connection of both pins 10 & 11 between P6 and A6) Shorted F15V developed after the TV is up and running. Holding the power switch for over 5 seconds after the unit has gone into shut down and it’s in lock mode with the power LED solid red (Note: the LED stays on if the power button is momentarily pressed).

Comment

That is exactly what I have. If you just press the power button the power light stays on and you can hear a relay click. I held it on just to see if it reboots like my dish PVR then the 14 blinks and you have to unplug to turn off. Remote with new batteries does not appear to do anything but turn it on. It went off like the timer said 6 months over warranty and good bye. I will try and see if they will let me trade it in between Sears and Panasonic. Our small town dump has 8 CRT made in the 2000s still working. At 100$ per month plasma may not be in my life. Thank you for the help.

Comment

Our Plasma Panasonic TCP55GT30 (build date October 2011) we have owned for 13 months decided to give us the 7 blinks of death problem on August 5, my birthday. Nice gift huh? Unfortunately we do not have the extended warranty. We contacted Panasonic Service and they gave us the name of a certified Panasonic Repair Tech. They did give us a case number and some indication that they may cover the repairs since we are slightly over a year. The technician came out yesterday and did confirm that we need an SC board replacement (Part #TXNSC1NVUU).
                                The grounding screws were loose possibly an indication of what caused the short. The repairs total $480 if not covered by Panasonic.

Panasonic called today and said they would only cover half of the repair costs. Not too happy about this Plasma lasting only 13 months and coming up with half of the bill when we spent around $1400 on this tv. We tried to push the issue of full coverage but they would not budge. We didn't want to push too hard risking them pulling the offer altogether, so we accepted. It's better than coming up with the full $480 I guess. I wanted to ask about the $175 price tag for the SC board. That seems a little high. I was going to try and negotiate a lower price, but if that price is fair, then I won't bother.

Any suggestions? Should I attempt to replace the board myself? I would lose the $93 diagnostic home visit charge. I'm not sure who even has the part since most online stores seem to be out of stock.

Also, if I have the technician fix this, do I need to ask him for a firmware update for this model?

Comment

Nice you have a service person close. This forum is helping me fix mine and it looks like the SC card ( 14 blink thread). The local store in our small town tells me they all have problems and all brands treat customers the same. I wonder what % fail within 4 years. Some unbelievable good help here. I am waiting for parts my sc was 60$ at shop jimmy. Good luck.

Comment

Seriously, Is there no consumer protection in your country?

$175 for the part is probably correct as I've had an authorised Panasonic repairer quote $165 for 50" model here as trade price.

But $300 labour!

The very fact that the technician said the earth screws were loose dictates poor workmanship at manufacture. I would try and use that as leverage but would that in itself cause it to fault, probably not as if earth was lost on the buffer boards the TV would simply shutdown with 7 blinks.

Any chance he put that in writing on the report?

It's probably not worth trying to fix yourself by the time you add the service callout and the hassle of getting a board. At least this way if he's missed anything it should fall back on them and the repair should have a wty.

Did you ask what warranty comes with the replacement board/repair?

Anyway keep any documentation and invoices, you never know you may find a way to take it further after the repair.

I'm pretty sure there was another model which a known & blink failure and Panasonic was undertakingg the repairs, I just don't think it was advertised.

This is an example of what's quoted here for us in one of our states. You can longer sell extended warranties here either and interesting they have used a plasma TV as an example.

It would not surprise me that dud TVs were a major driving force in this happening here. Maybe it's time people started making some noise and get your local politicians to do something to protect consumers.

Warranty has expired

If a product turns out to be defective, you may be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund (depending on whether the problem is major or cannot be fixed).

This applies regardless of whether the product is still under warranty.

Example:

Danny buys a plasma TV for $6000. It stops working after two years.

The store says they will not provide a repair or replacement as the TV only had a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty. They tell Danny he should have bought an extended warranty, which would have given five years’ cover.

However, it is reasonable for Danny to expect more than two years’ use from a $6000 TV. He is entitled to a repair, replacement or refund from the store.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-06-0...rights/2749924

Post 87 here is interesting, don't know if there's any truth in a firmware issue.http://www.avsforum.com/t/1160806/is...linking-red/60.

I just read your same post on AVS, I'll leave the link for others.
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 08-10-2013, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                      Seriously, Is there no consumer protection in your country?

$175 for the part is probably correct as I've had an authorised Panasonic repairer quote $165 for 50" model here as trade price.

But $300 labour!

The very fact that the technician said the earth screws were loose dictates poor workmanship at manufacture. I would try and use that as leverage but would that in itself cause it to fault, probably not as if earth was lost on the buffer boards the TV would simply shutdown with 7 blinks.

Any chance he put that in writing on the report?

Did you ask what warranty comes with the replacement board?
                                      Here's the cost breakdown: Total parts - $177 (includes $2 screw kit)
                                      Labor - $180
                                      Diagnostic + Trip Cost - $93
                                      Tax - $30.83
                                      Total = $480.83

90 Warranty on all COD work done. "Warranty on parts may vary per supplier." So I'm not sure what the warranty is on the SC board. I guess we better find out.

Yes, they did list the workmanship defects in a report. We were told originally that the Service Manager from this repair company would be working this out with Panasonic themselves. They said they would send the email with their observations, but then told us we had to send the email to Panasonic with the invoice copy and copy of our purchase receipt. The invoice does not have the report notes on it, so Monday we are going to have the service manager work this out with Panasonic as they originally told us they were going to do. The bummer is we are still making payments on this tv and it looks like it could be quite awhile before we have it working again. ARGH!! We waited years before we purchased a flat panel. This was our first flat panel purchase, and now I wish we never purchased this lemon.

Comment

Sounds like Pansonic is refurbishing the old boards to keep up with demand if warranty depends on the supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                          Sounds like Pansonic is refurbishing the old boards to keep up with demand if warranty depends on the supplier.
                                          I hope we don't have to wait forever for one, tw.

Comment

Working...
                                          X