Panasonic TC-P42X2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-P42X2

Are Q001, Q002 in parallel? How about Q021, Q022? If so, lift a leg and test each individually.

At $28, I would just say "screw it, I'll replace the board":
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item27ccb797f1

...you'll spend too much replacing those to find you've got more faults like a blown MOSFET gate driver. (15V gate driver gets 200V shoved into output pin and it ain't happy one bit about that.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I checked them out of C

Comment

What do you mean out of "C"?

There are more where that came from for nearly the same price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item2c69a83c1f
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item2c69a83c1f
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item27ccb852da
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-DP5071...item27c63fdfc7
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-DP5074...item2c66e41aae
        http://www.ebay.com/itm/SANYO-DP4274...item2ec0df09ca
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tested them with S and G legs up.
          I am going to check the SN the same way and if it needs them too, I will just buy a SN and SS..Prob be cheaper haha

Comment

You only need to lift S but that is pretty good indicator, the FETs are fried. Likely one failed which took out all four. Hopefully the SN is fine -- they rarely fail simultaneously. What is the part# of SN?

Comment

TNPA5066 42.00 from same supplier as the SS

Comment

Plus $15 shipping though I suppose they might combine the shipping with the other one. Pretty pricey, does set start up with just SN? (it will likely throw 8 blinks for missing SS but if it doesn't do 4 blinks then there's no short.) How much was your bartered GPS worth for you?

Comment

Does not start with just SN with ss and sn unpluged it shows 7 blinks

Comment

SN may be short I wouldn't know why they both failed though, it's very rare.

Comment

One thing to try with both boards missing you should get 200V for a couple of seconds, with boards plugged in but no short you should still see 200V, so if SN is not shorted, 200V should be present.

Comment

With everything but the SS pluged in, when power cord is inserted, I get 2 clicks of the 2 switches and red led on front on solid, SPDIF light is visable for 1 second then .5 seconds after SPDIF light goes out the switches in the psu shut off, Leaving only stand by power.

after power is plugged in for about 20 seconds the front led flashed rapidly for about 30 seconds.....not a code flash I would say it is about 5-6 flashes per second.

Comment

Yes with both boards out, I get about 165v for a few seconds.

Is it possible that something is failing on the PS and just can not supply the Amperage to run?

Comment

165V? Are you sure? That's quite low for a plasma.

Comment

Yup 165v for sure on Vsus without SS and SN connected. and 0v with either one connected.

But the SN does not show a dead short so you would think you would see some kind of V with just the SN connected.
                              Last edited by IamCanadian; 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

What does the sticker on the plasma panel indicate for Vsus? I have only ever seen a low 175V Vsus on an old NEC/Pioneer plasma panel.

Comment

No sticker showing voltages. Panel is MC106H30U13

Comment

Very odd. Is there a Vsus adjust pot? Maybe this is the "NeoPDP" Panasonic keep going on about... single piece of glass, lower power consumption, and cheaper to manufacture.

Comment

VR251 is right next to the vsus discharge pin so it would appear so, I know the Vsus is adjustable from the service menu with low and high as the options.

TV was built Oct 2010...wonder if I can call pana and nag them for a new one

Comment

Try it! It's just past 24 months, Panasonic generally like to keep customers "in the brand" and will often replace the TV or repair it for free.
                                        Last edited by tom66; 11-12-2012, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Did a little more poking around, When the the SN board is connected (it is not shorted) I get an instant 5v on the sos4 it seems like as soon as their is a load on the vsus the psu just shuts down.

I may be reaching but I just have a feeling that the problem is in the ps.

Comment

Working...
                                          X