Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte offers 12-phase VRM

With 24 FETs
    Just a quick overview, with pics on page 3.

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=3745&s=1

EDIT: Changed article number in link.
    Last edited by Galvanized; 02-01-2007, 11:19 AM.

Re: Gigabyte offers 12-phase VRM

Thnx for that link, already saw it but only one small pic, sure looks like a neat mobo!

But not quite as neat as this :P

http://www.commell.com.tw/Product/SBC/LV-677.HTM
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

all chemicon polymer psa and psc that is commendable

With decreased power consumption of intel processors, 12 phase can only be a marketing response to asus 8 phase though. last step before digital vrm hopefully
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Someone called this Gigabyte board fan-boy flypaper :P But atleast it's a step in the right direction. The limited edition Albatron that you posted Will and the 8-phase ASUS are both new kids on the block. I'll be looking forward to real world reviews of all of them.

Comment

Will; yea, sure marketing, still, the 8 phase had a marked reduction of heat output of the VRM and slight CPU temp reduction, it also made the CPU clock slightly more... (EDIT; in a test at Anandtech)

So while this might not be worthwile on a price basis it might still be a benchmarkable difference in heat output vs a 8 phase layout

Galvanized; I did not realize I was called Will on this forum
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Per; I might be wrong but as I recalled Will posted the Albatron first, not that it's any big deal. You have happy feet ATM because Sweden moves on in the WC

Comment

no i am sure it will oc like a raped ape

conroe should fly off the shelves whoever has the best board will have nice sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Galvanized
                Per; I might be wrong but as I recalled Will posted the Albatron first, not that it's any big deal. You have happy feet ATM because Sweden moves on in the WC
                Ahh, ok, must have missed that one... Found that linkeh yesterday when I was looking for fun ITX mobos...

Comment

i couldnt care. i just object to Will and that GAY smiley in the same sentence i am taking notes here for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by willawake
                    i couldnt care. i just object to Will and that GAY smiley in the same sentence i am taking notes here for future reference.
                    Hahaha, we sure have a way to bring topics OT don't we?

I just love this place!

Comment

Good news for Intel fans...Great looking hardware, may be overkill but I bet there will be very few if any of those that need new caps anytime soon.

I guess us AMD guys get to take in the butt again with old school VRM's... unless we build a workstation....

At least I have some decent/okay stuff on my current AMD system... Biostar 6100-939 board...
                      Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

yeah but what is the price for all that.

Comment

Damn! And I thought the "6 Dual Miracle" boards they made a couple of years ago for Socket A and Socket 478 were insane..... 6 phase power was all the rage back then.

I actually bought one of those utra high end socket A boards, a GA-7NNXP. I must say, I was impressed. It over clocked like a mofo, so much in fact that I held out until the start of this year to go with an X2. It was worth the $185 I paid for it. Plus, no bad caps, all Nichicon, Sanyo and Nippon Chemicon except for a few less than 100 microfarad Teapos. It still works well, no complaints here.

If that board was $185, I shudder to think what these beasts will cost. I may settle for a midrange board next time, I'm thinking Asus.

Comment

Working...
                          X