Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Electronics Theory and Troubleshooting > Troubleshooting Laptops & Portable Devices
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
sebuncle
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13
Default Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

hi ,
motherboard M960 rev1.1 mbx223
doesn't start , no led , no power , no charge.

I check on power button 3v are no present
19v is present on PF1 and PL1.
19v is present on PQ2 but only on pin 1 to 4 , on pins 4 to 8 there's 0v (i change PQ2 it's the same)



i check SN608098:
no voltage on pin 3 and 6

i check BQ24753A:
PVCC have 19v

Can you tell me where i have to check
i don't have schématic
thank you
__________________
JOVY RE7500
sebuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
lat123
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
City & State: Toronto, Ontario
My Country: Canada
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 1
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

I had the same problem and I was able to fix it by grounding pin 4 (In your picture it is the top left pin) directly. Initially I measured 19.4V at that pin but the IC does not function unless it is grounded and the other three pins are at 19.4V. Hope that helps solve your problem.
lat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:21 AM   #3
fabiog
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 91
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

Have a similar problem with another Sony ,how do you ground that pin?
fabiog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:06 AM   #4
shoesforsale209
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
City & State: California
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat123 View Post
I had the same problem and I was able to fix it by grounding pin 4 (In your picture it is the top left pin) directly. Initially I measured 19.4V at that pin but the IC does not function unless it is grounded and the other three pins are at 19.4V. Hope that helps solve your problem.



can you describe pin 4 in more detail. Are you talking about the first ground wire (according to the pic) from the power jack. I interested in this repair because I have a MBX223 motherboard no longer showing any signs of life after three months of usage. I change the power jack and the power board, but still nothing. I've attempted to try your grounding method, but i was unsuccessful at it as i'm not sure if i'm grounding the correct pin. What is pin 4?
shoesforsale209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
Tuomo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
City & State: Sievi
My Country: Finland
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 165
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebuncle View Post
hi ,
motherboard M960 rev1.1 mbx223
doesn't start , no led , no power , no charge.

I check on power button 3v are no present
19v is present on PF1 and PL1.
19v is present on PQ2 but only on pin 1 to 4 , on pins 4 to 8 there's 0v (i change PQ2 it's the same)

Can you tell me where i have to check
i don't have schématic
thank you
Measure PU3 PIN5 ACDET.

This detect if AC Power is inserted.

Measure PU3 PIN4 ACDRV# should be LOW.

Last edited by Tuomo; 05-19-2013 at 07:53 AM..
Tuomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
shoesforsale209
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
City & State: California
My Country: United States
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo View Post
Measure PU3 PIN5 ACDET.

This detect if AC Power is inserted.

Measure PU3 PIN4 ACDRV# should be LOW.
I found the problem. The PU3 (BQ24753ARHDR) (NS982402) is not functioning at all because i'm not getting a reading. I checked pin 5 (ACDET) and Pin4 (ACDRV) nothing. I have 19.4v from PF1 and PL1. I assuming the PU3 is dead should I replace it?
shoesforsale209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
Tuomo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
City & State: Sievi
My Country: Finland
I'm a: Professional Tech
Posts: 165
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoesforsale209 View Post
I found the problem. The PU3 (BQ24753ARHDR) (NS982402) is not functioning at all because i'm not getting a reading. I checked pin 5 (ACDET) and Pin4 (ACDRV) nothing. I have 19.4v from PF1 and PL1. I assuming the PU3 is dead should I replace it?
Not yet, first check PR13 and PR14.

Then measure PQ1 voltages.
Tuomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #8
aimiliano
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
City & State: athens
My Country: Greece
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Posts: 2
Default Re: Sony vaio VPC-EB mbx223/ no start,no power no led

i have the same motherboard but with slightly different problem.. it starts but it doesn't give the vga voltage
aimiliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Badcaps.net Technical Forums © 2003 - 2014
Powered by vBulletin ®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Did you find this forum helpful?