List of power supplies manufactured by Deer/L&C - post them here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of power supplies manufactured by Deer/L&C - post them here

Last night, I opened a Vogue 230W AT supply, and it had "DEER" on the PCB.

My current sightings of Deer/L&C supplies are:

FRD (uses L&C model numbers)
    Sky Hawk
    Vogue (as mentioned before)

If you have any other units manufactured by Deer/L&C (look for "DEER" on the PCB or an L&C-style model number e.g. LC-B400ATX), list them here!
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: List of power supplies manufactured by Deer/L&C - post them here

Deer is all over the place - here's a few more: Allied, Austin, Eagle, Duro, Mustang, US-Can, Turbolink (some models), and Tsunami.

Comment

Allied are by Deer? Damn... no wonder we had one die at the school, 2 months after being put into service. Warranty covered it and we got a new one from newegg...
      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

EagleTec
        TMP-ANS
        The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Greenline. I haven't seen one of these in about four years though.

Comment

Originally posted by dood
            Allied are by Deer?
            Yup, though I will say they looked to be a little better in quality than most of Deer's other aliases last time I saw one. IIRC Allied and L&C are actual Deer owned companies.

Comment

Hyena, Foxconn (supplier to them), Foxlink, Codegen, L&C, Logic

Comment

Codegen? Sh!t. I bought a Codegen 400w 12cm fan one for $18 a few weeks ago to replace an EVER 250w with failed fan.

Comment

No! Not Codegen! I'm striking out big-time here. I just built a system for my uncle with a Codegen supply, that came in a Codegen case. It's running an Athlon64 3000+, I think. So far, no stability problems, but he doesn't use his desktop all that much... favors the laptop (perhaps a good thing, now )
                  Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Just FYI it does not need to say "Deer" on the PCB, my L&C says "DR-ASIC ATX Ver:1.0B"
                    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Chris1992
                      Codegen? Sh!t. I bought a Codegen 400w 12cm fan one for $18 a few weeks ago to replace an EVER 250w with failed fan.
                      Originally posted by dood
                      No! Not Codegen! I'm striking out big-time here. I just built a system for my uncle with a Codegen supply, that came in a Codegen case. It's running an Athlon64 3000+, I think. So far, no stability problems, but he doesn't use his desktop all that much... favors the laptop (perhaps a good thing, now )
                      Were those Codegen power supplies heavy?
                      My gaming PC:
                      AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz Six-Core CPU (Socket AM3)
                      ASUS M4A77TD AMD 770 AM3 Motherboard
                      PowerColor AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB GDDR5 PCI-Express x16 3.0 Graphics Card
                      G.SKILL Value Series 16GB DDR3-1333 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
                      TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD (x2)
                      WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2TB 3.5" SATA HDD
                      ASUS Xonar DG 5.1 Channel PCI sound card
                      Antec HCG-750M 750W ATX12V v2.32 80 PLUS BRONZE Power Supply
                      Antec Three Hundred Mid-Tower Case
                      Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
                      Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Comment

Newbie- dunno... it came pre-installed in the case I bought for the system. So, I'm guessing "no" is the answer
                        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Newbie2 - It wasn't so heavy - about 2lbs iirc.

Comment

Keep in mind not all Codegen's and Skyhaws are Deer. These are completely separate companies from Foxconn Deer.

I dare say that I've seen some pretty decent Skyhawks.. none of them were made by Deer, of course.

What's ironic is Deer is a "partner" of Foxconn, but when Foxconn needs a decent power supply, they turn to Lite-On.
                            Rest in peace BFG. You were... a job...

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyGURU
                              What's ironic is Deer is a "partner" of Foxconn, but when Foxconn needs a decent power supply, they turn to Lite-On.
                              Or Channel Well

Welcome aboard btw

Comment

Thanks. I come in here and do a head count and I'm like, "OKW's here. LarryMoeCurly, MDW are here..." WTF?!? I already know everyone in here from other forums!!!!
                                Rest in peace BFG. You were... a job...

Comment

...lol...

Welcome aboard Jonny
                                  Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Zebronics, model LC-200C 200W AT with a 2003 sticker.. It's stuffed with those caps with a logo that looks like the planet Saturn and its ring, as well as a few Jun Fus (mostly smaller values). The primary-side mains filter is missing several components. The largest secondary cap is 1000uF, 16v and it's 10mm, packed tight - not much scope for putting larger/better caps here. No proprietary ICs here - it uses the stock TL494/LM339 combo that first showed up 17 years ago in AT PSUs - the designer of that configuration must be a genius, if nobody has been able to improve on it in all these years.

Comment

TL494/LM339 combo that first showed up 17 years ago in AT PSUs - the designer of that configuration must be a genius, if nobody has been able to improve on it in all these years.
                                      Both chips have been around since the 70s, and, obviously, are used a lot some 30 years later. Some things are just good enough that improved versions end up being confined to specialized products/marketplaces. If you check the switch devices in TL494-based P/Ss, you'll probably find that many of them are transistors instead of MOSFETs. Some of the ones I've seen, the P/N has some prefix, followed by "13007". This means that it is a transistor that is a copy of a part Motorola introduced in the late 70s or early 80s, the MJE1300x series.
                                      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
                                      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Today I found a "JPAC", model 500ATX, that had the classic signs of L&C-ness...

It was marked as a 500W power supply. The primary caps are 470uf 200v Canicons. All the components inside were pretty cheesy-looking (seemed 30% of the PCB was bare with only silkscreens showing where components should have gone!) and the wires and heatsinks thin almost to the point of being flimsy. It used a mixture of Canicon and 'Seacon' caps of widely varying (mostly low) values. Personally I wouldn't use this thing even for 200W, it looks so lame.

Sorry I can't provide pictures (yet)...
                                        Last edited by UraBahn; 02-13-2006, 10:17 AM.
                                        The ever-amazing (and ever-affordable) KY, Chemi-con's best kept secret.

I'll probably be the only person going to SteamOS once it gets out of beta (ha ha.)

Comment

Working...
                                        X