Problems Loading pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems Loading pages

I use Firefox (latest version) and not all the time, but most of the time when I go to a site like Ebay the page will take forever to load. I have made the changes that BadCaps suggested to my about:config file and this has not changed anything. I can go to other sites and not have any problem loading the page at all. Is this a Firefox problem or a problem with example Ebays servers? Is there a fix for this problem? Most of the time if I wait the loading page reverts to a time out error message and I have to reload the page again. By the way I have DSL service.
    Last edited by killian6pk; 08-04-2012, 04:26 PM. Reason: added info
    Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Re: Problems Loading pages

Have you tried accessing the same ebay page with another browser? If you can access with no probs from another browser you know it's a Firefox problem. If it's just Firefox causing the problem, have you tried clearing Firefox's cache? I have had similar problems in the past and have sorted it by clearing the cache.

If none of the above work, run a full virus scan and a scan for malware, some malware will target specific sites and stop you accessing them. Malware bytes is a good free malware scanner.

Comment

Re: Problems Loading pages

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
      Have you tried accessing the same ebay page with another browser? If you can access with no probs from another browser you know it's a Firefox problem. If it's just Firefox causing the problem, have you tried clearing Firefox's cache? I have had similar problems in the past and have sorted it by clearing the cache.

If none of the above work, run a full virus scan and a scan for malware, some malware will target specific sites and stop you accessing them. Malware bytes is a good free malware scanner.
      Thanks I'll try the cache idea. I will try IE also. Already use MalwareBytes. Great program. Thanks for the help.
      Have you ever stopped to think and then forget to start thinking again?

As a very wise man once said on this forum: "Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most."

Comment

Working...
      X