Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSX Mountain Lion...

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/25/...ore-for-19-99/

Well it was released, I haven't been able to try it yet as for some reason apple has to be retarded with its hardware requirements, my best mac a black macbook wont run it because it has the old GMA950 what i can't understand is why apple wont do like microsoft does and if your videocard isn't up to snuff you just get less graphical features.
    Apple however did do that in OSX 10.5 Leopard where if you had a lower graphics card like a FX5200 or radeon 9200 you didn't get a translucent menu bar. I think the real reason is they are just trying to force people to buy new macs. Plus apple has shown they are trying to dumb down there OSes by simplifying them and moving the content to the cloud as a way to transfer control out of the hands of users.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: OSX Mountain Lion...

I didn't know Mac OS could get any worse.
    As I've always said with OS Lion, and will again with Mountain Lion: "If I want an iPad, I will buy an iPad. I don't want an iPad. I want a computer. If I want a computer, I'll buy a PC." - shovenose, 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
      I didn't know Mac OS could get any worse.
      As I've always said with OS Lion, and will again with Mountain Lion: "If I want an iPad, I will buy an iPad. I don't want an iPad. I want a computer. If I want a computer, I'll buy a PC." - shovenose, 2011.
      Well said. As you know, tablets are nothing new. ToyPads aren't even "real" tablets.

"The Cloud" should give way to "Sunny Skies."
      "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
      Originally posted by shango066
      All style and no substance.
      Originally posted by smashstuff30
      guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
      guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

I'm going to purchase OSX ML in the coming weeks for my '08 iMac. Apple says it works fine on it because I exceed the requirements. Will have to see!
        Still on Snow Leopard right now so I am a tad bit behind. :-/
        Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Okay... like I said earlier... I'd get it sometime this week and so I just did... for $20 or so from the App store. I'll let everyone know how it goes as I move off from Snow Leopard!
          Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

I have a real tablet: Pentium III 800MHz, Windows XP :P

Comment

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post

Okay... like I said earlier... I'd get it sometime this week and so I just did... for $20 or so from the App store. I'll let everyone know how it goes as I move off from Snow Leopard!
              I'd definitely be interested if it's good. Keep us updated!

Comment

Just finished the install... well... can't say much at 3AM... but it seems pretty okay so far. Applications and so forth load pretty decently, on par with Snow Leopard performance, not laggy or anything. I do notice it takes a tad bit longer to shut down and boot. The UI has changed a bit from SL... the task bar is translucent now. iCloud is great cause all my contacts on my iPhone come up on the iMac too!

I might add that my '08 24" iMac is a C2D 2.8GHz, HD2400 graphics and 4GB RAM with a 320GB HDD. Pretty ancient compared to the newer i7 based iMacs but it works great and does everything I need!

Comment

fujitsu?
                  a friend had one and got 7 running on it.was fine with xp .
                  Originally posted by shovenose View Post
                  I have a real tablet: Pentium III 800MHz, Windows XP :P

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                    fujitsu?
                    a friend had one and got 7 running on it.was fine with xp .
                    Yup it's a fujitsu stylistic or something like that. I couldn't get it to boot from any disc, let alone a win8 disc, but that's likely because of my crappy usb cd drive...

Comment

I just wanted to say this..

HACKINTOSH!

Sorry!

Comment

Working...
                      X