Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewsonic VX2235wm-5 _ Will not power up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VX2235wm-5 _ Will not power up.

OK......T3.15A 250CQ.....The AC cable goes right over it and I would never have seen it without the nice bright sun outside and a headband magnifier....Unfortunately I think the board position # is covered with a white gue but there is a T103 nearby ..But that may refer to the next component ....However ? and I hope I am correct here ..there is no way I can actually measure the fuse (s) with a multimeter unless I take the Power Board off ....and I presume that if I take the four screws out ,the board will lift off and disconnect itself from the circuit board ....If I am correct is there anything to be wary of before I do this ....and if there is could I please be advised... I can then do the fuse check etc and post the results ...Thanks

Comment

Yes you will need to unscrew the board and check the fuse from the bottom.
      Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
      Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

OK..The Power board is off so am checking fuse now..Ron

Comment

OK..I could not find anything that resembled a second fuse on the underneath of the power board...I have two identical cheap multimeters and get the reading across the fuse of 02.2 on one and 02.5 on the other..So presume its ok so will move onto the next text..(#3)
          I will put Power board back on ...Just one question to show my ignorance ? for the test below does the unit have to be powered up??
          Thanks Ron

3) If both fuses are good, then set your multimeter to 20V DC. Put your black probe onto a ground screw. Put your red probe on the connector pin between the two boards that is labeled +5V. What is the reading?

Comment

Originally posted by hairykiore View Post
            OK..I could not find anything that resembled a second fuse on the underneath of the power board
            It may or may not be there. Some versions of this Delta board have it.

You didn't provide photos of the backside so we don't know.

...I have two identical cheap multimeters and get the reading across the fuse of 02.2 on one and 02.5 on the other..So presume its ok so will move onto the next text..(#3)
            The reading of 2.2 and 2.5 ohms suggest your fuses are good. However, it likely that your probes are falling apart internally. A good set of probes when shorted together should read less than 0.4 ohms.

for the test below does the unit have to be powered up??
            Yes.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I actually took a photo and then wondered about attaching it so here it is attached.Each photo I take is coming in at just over 2mb so I resave it in another program and its reduced to round 500 Kb ??
              BTW I am still struggling with my camera and getting the photo...My probes shorted together 0.3 on one and 0.2 on the other ...They are cheapos IE 2 for one in a package at the local Electronic Shop...
              Now This indicates to me that I can now go ahead and powerup and do the #3 20V multimeter test ground to 5v..?? while its outside in the sun..Thanks Ron
              Attached Files

Comment

You have 2 more fuses (F101 and F200) on the backside of the board. They are marked with red spray paint.
                Attached Files
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

If both fuses are good, then set your multimeter to 20V DC. Put your black probe onto a ground screw. Put your red probe on the connector pin between the two boards that is labeled +5V. What is the reading?

Hi ..the reading is flucuating between 0.05 and 0.10....The multimeters I have are probably inferior to what is required so a reasonable multimeter is on my shopping list....I hope the readings help..Ron

Comment

Originally posted by hairykiore View Post
                    Hi ..the reading is flucuating between 0.05 and 0.10....The multimeters I have are probably inferior to what is required so a reasonable multimeter is on my shopping list.
                    They readings indicate there is no power. Check fuses F101 and F200 before buying a new multimeter (see post 27).

For the fuse check, make sure your multimeter is on the 200 (two hundred) ohm scale.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK..retiredcaps..so grateful to see marked photo.....F101 shows nothing on both multimeters while F200 shows 0.07 on one and 0.08 on the other multimeter..so that seems to me we have a fuse problem with F101 but whats causing it....?? Ron

Comment

F101 feed the Logic board, F100 feeds the Inverter circuits, so you may have shorts circuits on the main board. Put meter in Ohm mode, black lead tot eh chassis, red to the top end (this end is connected to the multi-pin connector) of the F101 fuse as shown in your picture, take the reading.
                        Never stop learning
                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

OK Sorry I fell Asleep?? As I understand I set my multimeter at 200 Ohm and take a reading ..Now as I see it this will have to be done with the board removed??...I put my red lead to the end of the F101 fuse connected to the multi pin connector ....and the black lead to the chassis which would be ground?? Right.....so I would get the same result putting the black lead to the ground on the board where the screws hold the board in place (as marked on photo attached ) or am i missing something ..Thanks Ron
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                            F101 feed the Logic board, F100 feeds the Inverter circuits, so you may have shorts circuits on the main board. Put meter in Ohm mode, black lead tot eh chassis, red to the top end (this end is connected to the multi-pin connector) of the F101 fuse as shown in your picture, take the reading.
                            Budm..Please..I need some guidance on how to actually acomplish this ...Thanks Ron

Comment

OK..There is no reading ..I put the black lead of my meter set at 200Ohms to the corner of the power board (or is it inverter board) where it would connect to the chassis if it was actually screwed onto the chassis and the red lead I put to the F101 Fuse at the end nearest the 8 pin connector.....Its Dead ..there is no reading from either of my multimeters..Ron

Comment

OK, that is good, next thing to do is to get 1/4 Watt 1 or 2 Ohms resistor and solder it in place of the blown F101 fuse, you do not even have to remove the fuse, just solder it carefully on to the old fuse and see if it will turn on now. Worst case it just blow the resistor, we are just using resistor as a fuse for now to test.
                                Never stop learning

Comment

Hi...I do not have the inverter board actually installed in the monitor...Plus I do not want to be a nuisance but I have hundreds of new resistors but I cannot find the colour code for a 1/4 watt 1 or 2 ohm resistor....I can of course buy one but its about 3 miles away at the other sude of the city and I only have a bicycle...??Ron

Comment

Take a look here

http://www.elexp.com/t_resist.htm
                                    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                                    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

I have found what I think is a Brown-Black- Blue ....Gold Resistor But I am colour Blind so will attach a photo??? Sorry photos are no good? Its actually too hot here today to bike 6 miles to a shop for a resistor?? Ron

Comment

If you are brave enough, you can try using a very small jumper wire to bypass the fuse for now. Or put your meter in DC AMP (set to 10A) mode and use the correct probe input ports for AMP, then touch the two ends of the fuse with the meter leads then see if the monitor will come on, then you can also see how much current the logic/control board is drawing so we can figure the size of the fuse you will need. just make sure the probes touch the fuse's ends only and NOTHING ELSE! This will be difficult since you need to put the board back in place.
                                        Never stop learning

Comment

No NO? I have just returned from my bike ride with a packet of 1.2 ohm resistors....So I need a lie down? But I think you have already answered my next question ....and that is how neatly does the resistor have to be put across the fuse cause this will be determined by whether the power board is either left out or has to be put in....By your previous post I believe the inverter board has to be put back on the chassis so will solder the resistor across the fuse as neat as possible..at least I have found out who apparantly services Viewsonic in the city ( for a fuse or any part ) so I did learn something...Thanks Ron..

Comment

Working...
                                          X