Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who makes those fake eBay-Sanyos?

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
    Anything I've bought from him has been good but you have to check the claims in his ads for accuracy.
    I've seen 'that guy' advertising GP caps as low ESR Motherboard caps.
    Found incorrect data [ESR/Ripple] in some some of his ads too.

One package I got from him was full of smashed caps because he ships internationally in bags instead of using a box. He did replace them but I had to wait for my order twice.
    I realise that he does sometimes get specs wrong, so you have to know what series to get, which, for you, me and many others here, isn't a problem.

I've not had a cap get smashed during the shipping from him, but I do agree that using a bag for overseas freight is a bad idea.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Don't know English.
      Don't know what they are writing.
      [Like me trying to copy Chinese letters.]
      That doesn't make much sense to me though.
      I mean, I don't know Chinese either but if you gave me a product with a Chinese word on it and a computer with the Chinese character set I would be able to match them up even if I had no idea what it meant.

I don't know the laws involved but I'm guessing if they copied the Rubycon name exactly they could get into much more trouble - than if they made something which looks the same at a glance but on closer inspection is clearly not the same.

That theory may be completely wrong, too...
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

Not that I trust that vendor, but, I'm not seeing this 'not matching' you speak of.
        The size of the V in volt, and the dash inside the cathode marking strip...
        ------------
        Be a mensch

Comment

Originally posted by sofTest
          The size of the V in volt, and the dash inside the cathode marking strip...
          The photo doesn't show enough of the side to see if the dash is there or not.

The size of the V was a Sanyo thing.
          That's a Suncon cap.
          I dunno how much of Sanyo's policies Sunco stuck with.

Why don't you send the photo to Suncon and ask them instead of guessing?

Last edited by PCBONEZ; 07-08-2010, 05:51 AM.
          Mann-Made Global Warming.
          - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
          -
          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
          -

Comment

good idea.if they are selling fakes suncon can hammer em.

Comment

The photo doesn't show enough of the side to see if the dash is there or not.

The size of the V was a Sanyo thing.
              That's a Suncon cap.
              I dunno how much of Sanyo's policies Sunco stuck with.

It's showing about as much of the side, as in the lowest Suncon example, so the dash should show. Why shouldn't they continue the V-thing, when they are showing that in their official design sample?

Attached Files
              ------------
              Be a mensch

Comment

Originally posted by sofTest
                It's showing about as much of the side, as in the lowest Suncon example, so the dash should show. Why shouldn't they continue the V-thing, when they are showing that in their official design sample?

Yeah but there's no shadow on the side from a cap next to it.
                You can't see it...

I think they are legit.
                You can think what you want.

-
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                -
                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                -

Comment

with all that discussion going on here, i think i'm gonna risk it and buy a 10pcs pack or something just to see what i get.
                  maybe even the 20pcs one.

10pcs are 3.95eur
                  20pcs are 6.32eur
                  both with free shipping.. so i won't loose much..

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic
                    with all that discussion going on here, i think i'm gonna risk it and buy a 10pcs pack or something just to see what i get.
                    maybe even the 20pcs one.

10pcs are 3.95eur
                    20pcs are 6.32eur
                    both with free shipping.. so i won't loose much..
                    Yeah, except out of his stock you might get all Sanyo and that won't answer anything.

-

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    -

Comment

Working...
                    X