Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia GTS 8800 Cap Blow

Hi all Pro,

I got a graphic card GTS 8800 that I bought 2 years ago and yesterday 4 of the solid state Capacitors blowup and I plan to replace it with 4 new capacitor but cant get any of the Solid State Capacitor at here, and I just can get the normal capacitor only, so if I change the Capacitor from Solid State to normal liquid type capacitor is there will have any problem?

at attachment have the pictures 2 of the capacitor that blow at my graphic card.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BlackCatXII; 06-14-2011, 08:05 AM.

Re: Nvidia GTS 8800 Cap Blow

Ah, aren't those Sacon FZ? Those weren't solid caps to begin with, they are unsleeved electrolytics. You will be fine replacing them with normal electrolytics if you use high quality ones.

Next time, please, do not post pictures inline as it makes things sloooowwww (and makes retiredcaps angry), use the attachments function, or use an image host that supports thumbnails.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      Ah, aren't those Sacon FZ? Those weren't solid caps to begin with, they are unsleeved electrolytics. You will be fine replacing them with normal electrolytics if you use high quality ones.

Next time, please, do not post pictures inline as it makes things sloooowwww (and makes retiredcaps angry), use the attachments function, or use an image host that supports thumbnails.

Thanks Bro I can go to buy the replacement for it and I have change the pictures to attachment another thanks for the advice

Comment

Please make sure to match the ESR and capacitance of the original capacitor
        You can use either a wet electrolytic or a solid capacitor, what you have now as Th3_uN1Qu3 said is a fake solid polymer capacitor, as you can see it's a wet cap...
        (Of course if you want to use a card in close proximity you need to use a cap that is not too tall off the PCB, like the original, but otherwise it does not matter, unless there is a big heatsink overhead or something)

http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/solidca...html#zzz_sacon

EDIT: I attached a PDF of a datasheet I found, but dunno if it's the real deal since in the picture can be clearly seen a capacitor with a vent...
        BTW, can you please tell us what brand of card it is?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Per Hansson; 06-14-2011, 11:03 AM.
        "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
          Please make sure to match the ESR and capacitance of the original capacitor
          You can use either a wet electrolytic or a solid capacitor, what you have now as Th3_uN1Qu3 said is a fake solid polymer capacitor, as you can see it's a wet cap...
          (Of course if you want to use a card in close proximity you need to use a cap that is not too tall off the PCB, like the original, but otherwise it does not matter, unless there is a big heatsink overhead or something)

http://capacitor.web.fc2.com/solidca...html#zzz_sacon

EDIT: I attached a PDF of a datasheet I found, but dunno if it's the real deal since in the picture can be clearly seen a capacitor with a vent...
          BTW, can you please tell us what brand of card it is?

Thanks for the info you saying about the brand of graphic card I use? it is a INNO3D Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS.

Comment

Working...
          X