Panasonic FM in NEW equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic FM in NEW equipment?

So, I've been using Panasonic FM series almost exclusively for recapping. Over the years it's always pissed me off that I've had to go to the trouble and expense of replacing garbage capacitors with good ones because the cheap manufacturers wanted to save a few pennies. It just occurred to me that I've never actually seen ANY electronics that had any Panasonic FMs in it. No TVs, no motherboards, no power supplies, nothing! Plenty of Rubycons, Nichicons, UCCs, but not a single Panny, what gives?

Has anyone ever seen an FM or even an FC in anything that wasn't already recapped?

Re: Panasonic FM in NEW equipment?

Now that you mention it.. nope.
    FL and FJ on some motherboards, but I've never seen FM/FR/FC in anything so far..

Comment

I saw a Dell Optiplex 960 cracked open on someones desk the other day (hard drive problems). There were some Panasonic caps in it, not sure of the series. Actually now that I think about it, there were two of the machines side by side only one had Panasonic, the other had Rubycon. Maybe Dell learned their lesson?

Comment

Originally posted by bluto View Post
        There were some Panasonic caps in it, not sure of the series.
        Probably FJ. FJ is common on motherboards. FJ is not sold to the consumer afaik.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X