Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMXON - different case sizes?

Hello,
    i found, that many of SAMXON(and not only SAMXON) elyt capacitors has a different sizes than the datasheets say.

Old MB MSI K7T Pro2(lite): (purchased as new in year 2000, original)
    SAMXON KM 10V,3300uF,105°:
    - measured size is 10x25, in datasheets is 12,5x20.
    http://www.tme.eu/en/details/km3300_...n/km-3300u10v/
    -here is also the same size 10x25 as onboard caps (it is real size, no bug in descriptions - i have it from they)
    ??

Power supply Chieftec CFT-700-14CS (purchased as new,original):
    SAMXON GF 10V,2200uF,105°-measured size:10x25,, in datasheets is 10x20.
    SAMXON GF 16V,2200uF,105°-measured size:10x30,, in datasheets is 12,5x20.
    ??
    --------
    next:
    http://www.tme.eu/en/details/gt4700_...n/gt-4700u16v/
    http://www.tme.eu/en/details/km1500_...n/km-1500u63v/
    -these capacities not exist in sheets

etc..

TME is not official distributor, but if every second capacitor is potential FAKE, it seems strange...
    The same - on mentioned branded boards.

-all from this is FAKE or any special/modified/undocumented versions ??

Re: SAMXON - different case sizes?

Custom order

Comment

If you buy big enough quantity you can request a custom batch with the diameter you want.

Comment

THX for info.

Is TME here credible/verified for buying of capacitors?
        (They not provide any info, that these capacitors is in category "custom/special")

Comment

TME is very large supplier of electronic components. I have ordered from them before and had no problems.
          But Samxon KM, GF and GS are bad series of capacitors, I wouldn't use them.
          TME also has Panasonic FC capacitors which would probably be much better choice.

Comment

Yes, top mentioned two GF caps in Chieftec PSU was bad - here is total of 9 GF caps! It must be replaced(but it will be hard work - in the PSU is a little space and 3 massive overhanging aluminum radiators overlap almost everything)
            KM series caps will be replaced.

I'll be back to the two capacitors from TME:
            1/ GT 16V 4700uF 16x25 - suspicious (what is it?)
            - R.C. is not specified = unusable
            - capacity is very out of GT range
            It seems as 100% KM series, not a GT (case size+capacity)
            This capacitor is possibly fake(KM(?) with GT cover) , not a custom order.

2/KM 6.3V 1500uF 10x16 - suspicious
            - R.C. is not specified = unusable
            - no sheet info,
            It seems as 100% GC series, not a KM (case size+capacity)
            This capacitor is possibly too fake (GC(?) with KM cover) , not a custom order.

It is not very credible for me. I can´t this nowhere verify - I will not try luck.

Boards manufacturers may use special size of caps (for PCB design), but TME?
            Last edited by zuhr14; 12-30-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

I'd say very unlikely for them to be fake.
              TME is mainly directed for companies, who may order thousands of capacitors at once.
              Consumer sales are mostly a "side business"
              If someone requests a big enough lot of custom capacitors TME will most likely go through a custom order.
              Samxon are cheap capacitors anyway, so it would not be worth the risk to fake them. TME would lose it's reputation and big customers by doing that.

Comment

OK,but why they do not provide at least BASIC information for this?
                They refer to the datasheets, in which there is no mention of the product.
                R.C is an important item. If not provided, caps is unusable.
                Where I can use this caps without known specs or where can I find the specs?
                If it was a special order, it would not have been available to the public (without giving specifications.)
                Is probably necessary to request TME for comment (for clarification).

Comment

The technical parameters of these custom capacitors will be very close to the ones in the datasheet for the same capacitance and voltage rating.

Comment

SAMXON GF 16V,2200uF,105°-measured size:10x30,, in datasheets is 12,5x20.
                    Problematic size, ~4% downsize... V=r*r*PI*h
                    10x30 2356,1925 mm3
                    12.5x20 2454,3671875

Some manufacturers call that downsize, and endurance is usually lower than original size...

Comment

I sent email question to TME (2x) and waiting for answer. Long time and no answer from they..
                      If is everything okay, they would comment on this, but they are silent. It is suspicious..

Comment

Keep in mind a lot of companies were with reduced staff since Christmas.. people taking holiday between 25th and the 3nd.
                        Emails probably added up and it takes time to process the queue, or they probably sent emails to manufacturer for details before answering you, you never know.

Comment

Working...
                        X