samsung plasma ps 42d5sd relay clicking on and off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung plasma ps 42d5sd relay clicking on and off

am having a samsung plasma 42d5sd when i put the power on the relay inside will be clicking on and off and the led blue light comes on and then goes back,this cycle will be going on until you unplug the tv.

*i tried to disconnect the cables from the smps to the y sustain and the z sustain and power on the tv still the clicking cycle goes on and off

* i suspected the main board so i changed the eeprom (24C256N) the tv came on but if you switch the tv power off and put it on again the relay clicking cycle will come again and the tv will fail to start,i try changing the eeprom again the tv started working and can work long time without any problem but at the moment you switch it off it can start again until you change the eeprom again,
    i dont know if someone have come across this type of fault before.
    please anyone with the idea of how to go about this should help,
    thanks.

Re: samsung plasma ps 42d5sd relay clicking on and off

Have you tried checking all the caps,Iam new to this ,I have had several large plasmas given to me to mess about with,some of which I have managed to fix ,they all had a power supply board problem,they were clicking of and on,so I bought on line the correct repair kit and it fixed the issues,others I bought the replacement board and I was luck enough that the problem was fixed

Comment

Re: samsung plasma ps 42d5sd relay clicking on and off

Sounds like excessive ripple caused by bad start-up capacitors on the 5v standby on the PSU, usually the small 1-30uf 50v caps, but also check the bigger capacitors as well, but not the main (450v cap) since they rarely go bad.

Comment

Working...
      X