Samsung 2s to black - semi resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 2s to black - semi resolved

Hi, this is my first time posting. I hope this is in the right area.

I recently got a faulty samsung 2333swplus monitor that had the dreaded 2s to black issues.

After reading a thread on here, I decided to test my luck and replace the capacitors. I replaced 7 of the 9 'normal' capacitors. Sorry, I'm not too sure of the terminology. Just the cylinder looking ones.

Put it all back together, NOTHING! :'(. Same issue. So i continue reading online and someone suggested to lower the brightness. ... it worked!!

So now I can use the monitor, at a lower brightness. I tried to raise it back to 100% and it still works, however, after about 15 mins. It goes back to black screen again. So I turn it off and on and it works for a while again.

As the issue was not first related to the 7 capacitors I replaced. Would this likely be caused by the 2 remaining caps or something else?? It just so happens the 2 I didn't replace were the biggest and smallest ones on the board.

Re: Samsung 2s to black - semi resolved

Originally posted by Ken-f View Post
    So now I can use the monitor, at a lower brightness. I tried to raise it back to 100% and it still works, however, after about 15 mins. It goes back to black screen again. So I turn it off and on and it works for a while again.
    I have a Benq that exhibits the exact same behaviour. Since I had 2 identical monitors, I found out it was the ccfls or its wiring that were bad. I haven't taken it apart to see if it is the ccfls and/or its wiring.

As the issue was not first related to the 7 capacitors I replaced. Would this likely be caused by the 2 remaining caps or something else?? It just so happens the 2 I didn't replace were the biggest and smallest ones on the board.
    You can try replacing the smallest ones since the biggest one rarely, but not never, fails.

More on the entire subject starting at posts #19 and #20 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

What caps did you use? Brand? Series?

Can you post some pics the next time? Even the power board number would be a start.

Toast
      veritas odium parit

Comment

I used nichicon capacitors.

After further testing. I've been able to use it at 100% brightness for over an hour now. It just switched off. I checked to see if I could see anything with a torch and the picture is still there, but the backlight is off.

When turning it off and on again, the picture worked so I lowered the brightness to 0%. Theres a soft buzzing now, and as I increase the brightness back to 100%, the buzzing fades. The moment it gets to 100% brightness, the buzzing is completely gone.

Does that slim down what it is? I've already re-packed? the monitor so I don't know any numbers etc.

Comment

Working...
        X