Fake Rubycon MCZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake Rubycon MCZ?

Are these fake? Something doesn't look quite right about the font on the label, or the vent of the caps.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-Rubycon...ht_1399wt_1163

Re: Fake Rubycon MCZ?

They are 100% phony. The vent is wrong and the font and lettering are wrong. This is why I don't allow ANY ebay cap seller promotion on this site, period...because 99% of the caps on ebay are chinese fakes/knockoffs. That's also why you're getting 1000 of them for 89 bucks shipped. Complete garbage.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Sucks for the 30 people who bought them!

Comment

He has 99.5% positive "feedbacl."
        Attached Files

Comment

Panny T-vent on a ruby?

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          This is why I don't allow ANY ebay cap seller promotion on this site, period.
          There are two sellers I can think of who only sell real caps (although some may be NOS). I (and a few others) have actually suggested them in the past for those who either can't order from the US or are after caps which you don't have.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            They are 100% phony. The vent is wrong and the font and lettering are wrong. This is why I don't allow ANY ebay cap seller promotion on this site, period...because 99% of the caps on ebay are chinese fakes/knockoffs. That's also why you're getting 1000 of them for 89 bucks shipped. Complete garbage.
            Same for dealextreme... they were caught with fakes a while back...
            sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

I saw a few Teapo capacitors with the Nichicon brand name on them, if you want to make a fake, get the color of the label and the vent right!

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
                He has 99.5% positive "feedbacl."
                Still using IE? shame on you :P
                That only happens if you resize the window in IE. In Firefox etc., it's fine.

But yeah. There are only 2 ebay sellers I'd trust at all for caps. Namely Audjade_chn (mostly audio related, few MB caps) and the PC Motherboard Capacitor Store (which could use a shorter name IMO..)
                Other than those two, I'd expect the caps you get (from other sellers) to be fakes, no matter how good they may look in the pictures.
                The ones linked in the first post are like.. I don't even know what to say.. there's just so much wrong about them that it should be obvious to anyone that they're really bad fakes lol
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Scenic View Post
                  Still using IE? shame on you :P
                  That only happens if you resize the window in IE. In Firefox etc., it's fine.
                  I did use IE8, but I didn't resize the window.
                  Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                  Same for dealextreme... they were caught with fakes a while back...
                  They still sell fake caps.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
                    I did use IE8, but I didn't resize the window.
                    Well.. depends on the screen resolution :p
                    On my desktop, I pretty much have to resize the window to get that glitch (1920x1080), but on my netbook it's always there due to the tiny resolution (1024x600)

Comment

Working...
                    X