Need info on Rubycon YXC caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need info on Rubycon YXC caps

I'm looking to use Rubycon caps for PSU and mobo repair. I got them from ebay, and they look genuine, good external appearance. They are 3300 uf, 10v caps and marked as YXC and (what I think is) a date code T9715. I've looked at the Rubycon website and I can't seem to find any info about this series.

I'm also looking at a bunch of Nichicon KY series. Again, Nichicon website doesn't list them. Discontinued series perhaps?

Your Comments?

Re: Need info on Rubycon YXC caps

Those YXCs are 15 years old (a good reason not to buy them, unless you want to re-form them) and not very low impedance by modern standards (not suitable for use in a modern product, except possibly as a good quality GP part). KY is a United Chemicon series, fairly modern and decent. But that they are listed, apparently, as made by Nichicon suggests they may not be genuine.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
    X