Need help identifying solid(?) caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help identifying solid(?) caps

I have a friend who was trying to repair his own TV and brought me a cap he has failed to identify. I have pulled my hair out trying myself and decided to come to the experts.

I have attached an image of the cap. It is 10mm in diameter and 10mm tall. It has a 5mm spacing between the leads. It appears to be polarized as well. The markings on the top are:

2AT
    Attached Files

Re: Need help identifying solid(?) caps

look like it is 33uF 2.5V

Comment

I see where you would get the 33uF, but not the 2.5v?

Originally posted by ant3202 View Post
      look like it is 33uF 2.5V

Comment

I don't think it is a solid cap, solid caps does not have vent marks.

Lets asumme that the "33" marking is the value in uf, then by the size/height i think we could break the "2AT" marking as follows: 2A could be voltage code for 100V and the T may be the series code as "some" manufacturers use that kind of voltage and series codes, so maybe a 33uf/100V SMD cap?

Also it looks a lot like a Samwha smd cap and the X shaped vent match to the Samwha, they even use "2A" as voltage code for 100V however i couldn't find any series code that match the "T".

I have searched for some smd caps images just to see if caps with those values match the diameter/height and they did but all this is just an "educated guess" so it may be totally wrong as well.

Comment

It isn't an SMD capacitor since it had radial leads. Does anyone else have any helpful info?

Comment

Sorry about that, you're right it isn't an SMD capacitor, i didn't noticed that there is no plastic base in the capacitor.

Comment

Hi! I have the same situation. I have three caps with the following #'s.
              33 2AT

33 2AT

33 2AT

I need to get these replaced. Help...please.

Comment

Working...
              X