XFX 7790 graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XFX 7790 graphics card

I know this isn't a laptop or portable device but was unsure on where to post if anywhere.

Anyway bought a 7790 off ebay used and computer POSTS with it but theres no output from the card on any port, I know it's not the pc or the PSU as they work fine with another saphhire 7790.

Looking over the back of the card I noticed what I think is scorching on a component but not entirely sure, does this look damaged?

If so anyone any ideas on what part it is and where i'd get one if I don't get anywhere with ebay returns.
    Attached Files

Re: XFX 7790 graphics card

I wouldn't bother if off ebay as you will 100% get to return it

Comment

Originally posted by mikay786 View Post
      I wouldn't bother if off ebay as you will 100% get to return it
      ye, thats what i'm hoping, seems like BS the way it's been listed

description:

IMPORTANT - I have tested this fully and it works, however it has been returned once as the buyer's system would not work with it. This IS a working card, but be fully aware that there has been some sort of incompatibility with someone else's system before. So, buyer beware, no returns.

I will only ship to UK locations. I do not have a Buy It Now price.

Great card, excellent performance. Only selling as I moved to a higher than Full HD monitor so needed extra oomph.

I'd be happy to keep it if the parts cheap enough and I get a majority refund

Comment

try the card to an efi computer (if your isnt setup in efi mode), maybe card was fhashed with efi vbios and if that's true it cant be reversed to legacy bios.

or try change bios mode to your desktop to efi first

Comment

i wonder why the bios pins are covered in red pen?

can you put this in a system with onboard video,
          then boot a linux live disk and see what hardware it finds?

Comment

only just seen the replies to this, mobo is a dual bios board so can do uefi or legacy

got to keep the card and got a refund too, will have a go later toay

Comment

Ok, booted to windows with a low end card in the first pci-e 16x then plugged the 7790 into the 2nd pci-e 16x and booted to windows, the 7790 isn't even seen by windows as far as I can see device manager sees nothing.

Will try boot to linux later, seem unlikely to be a bios flash problem, unless the bios is completely corrupt, i've seen about jumpering the bios on the card to allow it to be seen again

Comment

Working...
              X