Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG L1811S fast blinking LED

Hello everybody,

I just get a LG L1811S with the green LED flashing 2 times per second.
    I managed to get the service manual and uploaded it here.
    As you can see in the service manual, there are 3 boards: the power board, the logic board and the inverter.
    Here are the tests I performed:
    - Power board disconnected from everything: the 12V and the 5V are perfectly stable and there is a fast ticking (I think it's coming from the main transformer, about 5 times per sec.).
    - When power board connected to the logic board, the 12V varies between 11.8 to 12.1, and the 5V from 4.6 to 4.7. The sames voltages are going to the inverter. The ticking slows down too 2 per sec, as the green LED.
    - When the inverter is not connected, no changes: I don't think the problem comes from it.
    - The voltage on pin 1 of U270 (74F14 IC) is from 2.6V to 4.3V. The output of the pin 2 (0.4V to 1.5V) seems to go to the panel board (with the control buttons and the LED) where it varies from 0.3 to 1V after a resistor (I think this cause the LED to blink). I didn't manage to see where the input on 74F14 pin 1 comes from, maybe from the GM2121 IC? I think the problem is upstream.

I followed the "no power" section in the troubleshooting section (but actually there is power!), and at the step 3 the pin 103 of U203 (GM2121, the main IC) is at a solid 2.2V...

I don't really know what to conclude with all this, and what to do next.

Any help would be appreciated!

Re: LG L1811S fast blinking LED

By the symptoms something on the signal board is overloading the power supply. As a first step, disconnect the LCD panel from the signal card. Beyound that, I would suspect the small caps near the SMPS controller.

Pictures of your power supply will help us help you. At least 1000 x 1000 pixels, well lit and sharp, and attached using 'Manage Attachments' - below the test entry area.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Re: LG L1811S fast blinking LED

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      By the symptoms something on the signal board is overloading the power supply. As a first step, disconnect the LCD panel from the signal card. Beyound that, I would suspect the small caps near the SMPS controller.

PlainBill
      ... i totally agree. I repair an lg1715s with same problem and fix it changin this caps. Another test if this not solve it, i'll try to change de double-diode on secondary (labeled as D906). good luck

Comment

Working...
      X