Lcd CTX X962A dont turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lcd CTX X962A dont turn on

Hello people. This ist my first post here. My english ist not good, so im sorry and try to make it good.

Im trying to repair a CTX X962A lcd monitor. Its a 19". The monitor make a fast flash led when i plug in to power.
    After diassemble, i have a 5.2V and 14.1V on secondary. And on a single view i can see bad caps like other models, or damage componet.
    I try to disconect all backlight circuit (the board have 6 brigdets to this zone) but havent effect on this.
    Follow this link [URL="https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10682"[/URL] i read that "0Z9910GN's VREF should be fixed at +5v" and my 0Z9910GN have 0.5v on vref. but all time i have 14.1V .

Any ideas or help? thanks.

Re: Lcd CTX X962A dont turn on

Originally posted by vaneno View Post
    My english ist not good, so im sorry and try to make it good.

The monitor make a fast flash led when i plug in to power.
    Your english is fine, better than most who post here.

"2 seconds to black" is what it sounds like you are describing. If yes, see

2 seconds to black can be

a) bad caps
    b) bad inverter transformer
    c) bad ccfl and/or ccfl wiring

More details about 2 seconds to black can be found in posts #13 and #14 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

It would also help if you post pictures following the instructions as per misc suggestion 1 (in the same URL above)
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for your help.
      I read on this thread interesting info. Next days i post photos and results on this boar.

Comment

Hello again.
        I attach the pictures of board.
        On power board, after some checks i can't find something worng. I replace 4 caps to test but nonthings happend, so i decide to change and put the original again. I try to remove bridgets to inverter circuit. (i open 5 wires on left of big cap 100uF - 450V). This isolate the inverter zone.
        The 5 wires are:
        1 for Vcc (14vcc)
        2 for GND
        1 for "on/off"
        1 for "brightness"

I only have 14 Vcc and 0v on "brightness" and "on/off" . I supposse than the scan board turn on the inverter with a continuos ttl signal, and manage brightness with a variable voltage between 0v-3.3v . Its this correct?

I also remove the audio-amp (tda7496lk) with similar method in my test whit no result.

Led and buttons in power board connects direct to scan board trought pins-conector. It also have 5.2v to main power of the scan board.

In this point, i think that the fails its on scan board. And on scan board i change 4 caps (100uF-16v). No results.

I check 2 voltage regulators, labeled as U101 and U102. Its a AS1117L-33 and AS1117L-18 respectively. The U101 outputs 3.3V , and the U102 output 1.2V , so i understand that maybe here its my problem.
        Next days i try to change this componet and continue with this thread.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by vaneno; 10-14-2011, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vaneno View Post
          I only have 14 Vcc and 0v on "brightness" and "on/off" . I supposse than the scan board turn on the inverter with a continuos ttl signal, and manage brightness with a variable voltage between 0v-3.3v . Its this correct?
          The logic board turns the monitor on/off by changing the voltage between 0 and something larger than 3.0V.

I check 2 voltage regulators, labeled as U101 and U102. Its a AS1117L-33 and AS1117L-18 respectively. The U101 outputs 3.3V , and the U102 output 1.2V , so i understand that maybe here its my problem.
          U102 should read 1.8V DC output so you are correct that U102 is bad. The suffix -18 tells you the correct output.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Solved

Finally, after ten minutes searching on my old-damage hardware i take an AS1117L-18 from a damage livebox-router (other manufacturer).
            After change i test again and now i have 1.8V.

...and this is my results :
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X