Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emerson LD195EMX shows colors on screen when plugged in

Hi,

I have an Emerson TV Model LD195EMX. When you plug the unit it it shows some text on the screen (shows the text "Digital Television) and then it begins a loop showing a red screen, blue screen, green screen, white screen...........and it just keeps doing this.

I am not a TV repair person......but i have worked on a few LCD monitors but i am not an expert.

Note: Dont know if this is helpful or not but the "on/off" button does not seem to work. WHen i plug unit in it is "already" on and when i try to turn it off with the on/off switch it has no effect.

Note: I found a troubleshooting manual for this unit online but i am not sure how to proceed.......since i cant find my symptoms in the manual.
    http://www.tvrepairtips.org/files/ti..._pdf_12349.pdf

any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Emerson LD195EMX shows colors on screen when plugged in

the first thing i will try is to unplug the off/on panel, there maybe a short on one or more of the buttons.

if that doesn't fix the problem I will look into the firmware

Comment

it seems to do some sort of self test?!
      the changing colors is what my ooold HP L1820 (Acer OEM) LCD Monitor does if there's no signal..

Comment

i disconected the on/off switch panel from the tv...........so the on/off, reset, and other functions that are on that control panel are totally removed from the tv..............i then plugged power to the tv and the same thing happens. No change.

Any other thoughts?

Comment

You're stuck in some kind of service mode. Most likely you have a bad EEPROM, you're going to need to reflash it. Equipment to do that isn't exactly cheap - for a one-off better look if anyone is selling preprogrammed chips.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I very quickly read through the service manual link you provided, it doesn't describe your problem exactly but it does describe a service mode that is accessed with the remote control. There is something in there about removing or cutting a plastic cover on the remote to get to a service button. To exit the service mode they say to power the set off with the remote control.
            If you don't have the original remote you could try to program a universal remote to turn the set off.
            I have no idea if that's the problem your having, or if it will work but it can't hurt to try it.
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
              You're stuck in some kind of service mode. Most likely you have a bad EEPROM, you're going to need to reflash it. Equipment to do that isn't exactly cheap - for a one-off better look if anyone is selling preprogrammed chips.
              My issue has never been the equipment.

its finding a good hex or bin file.

Comment

no luck here either :|
                http://dump.elektroda.pl/main.php?d_start=2150

main page
                http://dump.elektroda.pl/main.php

Comment

this is how you fix it for anybody having trouble with it... if you have the original remote what you do is you keep the tv on and with the remote u press up and down on the remote controller... not the channel or vol buttons but the ones that control dvds... unplug and replug the tv in and BAM there you go.. i tried it and it worked great... give feedback if it doesnt work and ill try to help you

Comment

vampyyri1123-You are great,
                    I almost went out to buy a boat and a lake because I had an expensive art device and got an estimate from a local place that advertises Resonable Prices! and asked $175 to replace the main circuit board. They did get my $15 to get an estimate.
                    THANK YOU

Comment

I had the exact same thing to happen to my tv, exact same model, and i read vampy's message about pressing the up and down buttons on the dvd button section of the remote and it had no effect, but it got me to start pressing other combs. of buttons and found that pressing the left and right buttons in the dvd section of the remote fixed it and got it back to a picture screen, so i got on here and went through making a user name and password just so i could put up a post, so hopefully this helps anyone else who needs it, so if up/down doesnt work try left/right..

Comment

I'm having this same issue with the screen changing colors. Does anyone know how to fix this problem if I no longer have the original remote?

Comment

Originally posted by marshabrady View Post
                          I'm having this same issue with the screen changing colors. Does anyone know how to fix this problem if I no longer have the original remote?
                          I would suggest try to use a universal remote .

Comment

I got mine straight with a Direct TV remote.I just pushed the side to side buttons next to the Select button and it popped back on.

Comment

Originally posted by vampyyri1123 View Post
                              this is how you fix it for anybody having trouble with it... if you have the original remote what you do is you keep the tv on and with the remote u press up and down on the remote controller... not the channel or vol buttons but the ones that control dvds... unplug and replug the tv in and BAM there you go.. i tried it and it worked great... give feedback if it doesnt work and ill try to help you
                              I have the same problem. I didn't have the original remote, but ordered a replacement remote. However when trying the solution, it didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X