Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Un55eh6001F

Hello,

We inherited this TV (Samsung 55 inch TV) which appears to have a bad T-Con board. I am not sure (just guessing here). Would like to have some expert opinions from some people on the board. I took it apart and refastened the ribbons, problem was still there. It's also on top of the screen messages, not sure what that means. I am assuming it's either the T-Con board (because the digital artifacting is only on half of the screen), or it's the tabs that wrap around the TV. I have no idea how to fix the tabs, but the T-Con boards seem to be plentiful on ebay.

Here is what it looks like. The wide shot and 2 closeups of the screen.

Thank you for whatever advice you can give. I am kind of guessing here.

Re: Samsung Un55eh6001F

mmm.interesting fault.
    I would say 50/50 between tcon and video board.try looping the scart output to the input on another tv,and see if the fault shows there.i would lean towards video board if pushed!
    steve

Comment

I don't have another TV available to test it with. Does anybody else know any tricks on how to isolate the problem?

I did unfasten all of the cables going into the video card, and then refasten them. It didn't seem to make much of an impact. When ever I did that to the T-Con board I could see how it affected the picture, but in a different way.

Don't mind purchasing both but at this point the value of the TV is only $600 brand new out of the box and I don't want to chase good money after bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyW View Post
        Does anybody else know any tricks on how to isolate the problem?
        You need a LCD TEST TOOL.
        Attached Files
        The art of fighting without fighting

Comment

Not sure if this will help since the problem seems to be isolated to one half of the screen but you could try unplugging half of the tcon to panel ribbons and plug it back in to see if the symptoms change at all.

Comment

I only plugged one side of the T-Conn panel in and there wasn't a problem on the left side of the screen. Which makes me suspect it is the T-Conn board. But I am no expert like you guys on here.

Thank you for the suggestion for the LCD Test tool, but I think I might be better off buying the parts since it may be more economical. I don't plan on making repairing TV's a hobby.

Thank you for all of your input, it has been very helpful.

Comment

Sorry to say but I am pretty sure it is the panel that is bad

Comment

It is an interesting looking fault, but to me it looks as if the driver board or the COFs have failed = Panel fault

Comment

This guide seems to indicate a short on the T-Conn board or solder defects (as in the tabs around the TV are messed up). I don't have a clue how to fix that.

Case 7.

http://preher-tech.com/documents/lcd...possiblecauses
                  Last edited by MikeyW; 05-24-2015, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X