Samsung 223BW Solved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 223BW Solved...

Wanted to say a big thank you to this forum.

Was referred here via an internet search about my Samsung 223BW that was having trouble turning on or recovering from hibernation etc... The on/off switch would flash and then you would have to turn it off and on an increasing number of times and then the image would "vibrate" until it settled.

Read a post on this monitor about capacitor problems and guessed mine was affected the same way.

Don't know anything about capacitors, the buy minimum is around $30 from our stores so bought online from an ebay shop in the US for $12.95 +shipping from LCDalternatives. Took a few days to arrive and the kit contains 8 Rubycon capacitors all saying 105 degrees on them. They have a video of the job being done on a similar monitor so opened up mine and disassembled it to get access to the little board inside. Very easy!

The 5 820uf ones were all very bowed out at the tops as was the 330uf one. The small ones were fine but replaced those anyway. I can't stress the importance of having a decent soldering iron. Mine just didn't seem hot enough despite being 30w. Still the old ones came out ok and the new ones fixed fine. I was a bit worried that one came through a pair of long solder lines and my repair wasn't as tidy as it was originally but actually the monitor is working perfectly and I'm delighted. I'm quite pleased at how easy it was to avoid having to pay someone a lot of cash to get it done for me.

Thanks again.
Working...
X