Cold start issues I-inc iF281D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold start issues I-inc iF281D

I am pretty sure my issue is cap related but thought I would ask before I rip in to my monitor. My issue is when my office is Cold in the morning(temp setbacks to about 12c at night) my monitor power button does not work. Once the office is warm or I warm the back of my monitor it turns on no problems, or if the I override the temp setting for the night it all works fine.

I have just never experienced and issue related to cold so not 100% what could it be.

Re: Cold start issues I-inc iF281D

Sounds like it very well could be related to the capacitors. As capacitors age and start to fail, their ESR goes up. As the temperature of the capacitors rise, the ESR lowers and may allow the monitor to function as expected. This usually gets more and more difficult as the capacitors continue to fail.

Open up the monitor and take a look. Post pictures of the front and back of the power board (and logic board). Use manage attachments below the text area and do not post the pictures inline.

There are several threads concerning this monitor with one of them having posts within the last week. You might want to look through them to see if anything pertains.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18375

Comment

Re: Cold start issues I-inc iF281D

So did you figure out what the problem was ac? I have the exact same moniter and the issue sounds the same. Im thinking its protesting our weather

Comment

Working...
      X