What to do with a 60" LG... (60PG3000)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with a 60" LG... (60PG3000)

Couple of days ago, a 60" LG set came into work. It was put by side of the scrap TV skip as the skip was full.

It just so happens, --That day is my day off.

Next morning they changed the skip--but didn't move the 60 resting against it.
    --The obvious happens--it gets smashed.

But--Only the outer glass and front cabinet suffered, Panel is OK--at least unbroken. One of the guys working on the site was told by feller who brought it in that its been checked by so-called, 'tv-engineer' and is completely buggered.

For a larf, I trundled it down to the workshop on my trolley and checked it out. It has a Y-SUS short,--the SUS_Up and SUS_Dn trios of IGBTs are short.

It'll cost maybe £20 in IGBT's or a fiver for a complete Y-SUS from fleagay.

Gotta try it out--but have no idea just What to do with it after. Cabinet is wrecked and so is the front glass, so cant sell it if it does work with new board...
    Another thing against it--Only 720p
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Re: What to do with a 60" LG... (60PG3000)

Hope it goes well, btw the panels in these are junk so dont expect it to be working with out lines on it lol
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
      Hope it goes well, btw the panels in these are junk so dont expect it to be working with out lines on it lol
      i got the 50" version fixed it and got a line smack bang in the middle

Comment

hmmm heated the lower buffer flex to screen its now gone.............. for now

Comment

Hmm probably the Cof Ic has a bad connection would say tab bond fix it but the Ic will over heat lol. Also yours was a PS3000 which is FHD ?
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Hmm probably the Cof Ic has a bad connection would say tab bond fix it but the Ic will over heat lol. Also yours was a PS3000 which is FHD ?
            youre right reece 1080
            it was done on the edge of the screen its been on for whilw aint come back but im sure it will

Comment

Lol maybe try, taking the panel down and putting some thermal pads to push against thw Ic ? Like a tabbond repair but thermally

Comment

Lol maybe try, taking the panel down and putting some thermal pads to push against thw Ic ? Like a tabbond repair but thermally
                i used always ACF Anisotropic conductive film .. easy to replace any flex on LCD within 1 hours at most.. i think you need to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  i used always ACF Anisotropic conductive film .. easy to replace any flex on LCD within 1 hours at most.. i think you need to try it.
                  Cheers Diah, might give it a shot and order some

Comment

however 150m long are round 150 USD but they worth allot, just keep the roll at Temperature -5 to -10 degree

Comment

i have just put it together lolol, its not the chip side though i heated up the glass side the chip has transfer tape to the chasis and then the long metel plate that runs along the bottom

Comment

Working...
                      X