No announcement yet.

Samsung UA40C6900 BudM RetiredCaps plz Help me to identify Bad Panel or TCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA40C6900 BudM RetiredCaps plz Help me to identify Bad Panel or TCon

Samsung UA40C6900
    This tv is having some wide stripes at the centre of the screen.
    Plz help me to identify the problem. Is it bad panel or TCon board.
    Specially seeking advice from BudM, retiredcaps u 2 rock man!
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UA40C6900 BudM RetiredCaps plz Help me to identify Bad Panel or TCon

Theres more people than just Bud and RC on this forum. Probably best to be carefully how you word things as it can offend people very easily over the web.

You dont need Bud or RC to confirm that the panel is fucked. Its deffo the panel there sorry.
    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Re: Samsung UA40C6900 BudM RetiredCaps plz Help me to identify Bad Panel or TCon

Reecey--

I had a 42" LG today, AUO panel, 720p with 370hwo t-con,--the small blue one--Very similar picture, but with horizontal lines/stripes and weird shading like above, that would blank out when changing screen menu etc, then re-appear with lines fading in/out...

Was the T-Con--Surprised me too--Only tried the t-con as there was one lying there the same type on the bench....
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Hmm thats off, all though I have seen many Samsung Panels fail like this and its deffo the panel. Maybe OP should try to diagnose it ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

I would think that its something else besides a panel issue as the lines seem to be "exactly" on each half of the screen which suggests a problem further away from the panel.

Comment

I'm sorry if I offended any one. My intentions r not to offend.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
              I would think that its something else besides a panel issue as the lines seem to be "exactly" on each half of the screen which suggests a problem further away from the panel.
              Look closer - they line up with the text on the screen, which is centered by the TV's software, so this wouldn't be unexpected.
              Almost certainly the panel is bad.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

BUT... if it was a panel problem, it would likely be associated with a given tab which are usually "balanced" across the panel in some sort of "pairing" fashion. With the picture, it appears the vertical "linings" are "nicely" setup with half the lines on one side of the screen and the other half on the other side... which would likely mean an "exact same failure" on two tab area... highly unlikely.
                Last edited by budwich; 05-10-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                  BUT... if it was a panel problem, it would likely be associated with a given tab which are usually "balanced" across the panel in some sort of "pairing" fashion. With the picture, it appears the vertical "linings" are "nicely" setup with half the lines on one side of the screen and the other half on the other side... which would likely mean an "exact same failure" on two tab area... highly unlikely.
                  Guessing you haven't read much about Lcds and interlacing then ? Certain the panel is bad.
                  Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 05-10-2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Thanx every one for their suggestions.
                    This tv is for sale will it be worth buying?
                    After reading the posts I am very much
                    Confused.

Comment

Working...
                    X