Dell PSU recap. Which Caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell PSU recap. Which Caps?

Are Panny FM series good enough for a Delta (Dell) PSU?

Or do i need better caps?

Re: Dell PSU recap. Which Caps?

Yeah, they should work just fine but you might want to check the data sheets of the (most likely) Ltec caps you are replacing in the PSU. My favorite are United Chemi-Con KY series caps, ever since one of the members recommended them to me I've been using them for almost all of my PSU's recaps.

Comment

The origionals are OST RLP and Ltec LZP.

So the Panny FM's should be OK for PSU use also could i use these for the other ones which i can't get in panny fm's? http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/search/pro...sp?sku=1144684

Comment

Does any one else know?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, I think mixing ZL and FM is fine... They're pretty similar in spec.

If you're going to go through the trouble of re-capping the PSU, you should do a total re-cap. If you posted pics and a detailed list, someone can find you the best caps to use.
          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I did recap it a while back but only used really cheap caps off ebay. I didn't know what i was doing. (Didn't make any diffrence)

I will try and get some pictures up tommorow.

Should i also replace the really small caps like <80uf?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, absolutely. The daughterboards with PWM and 5VSB chip should also have some small caps that should be replaced. If you use wick on the pins, you can lift out the board so it can be worked on.

What exactly are the symptoms with this PSU? How do you know caps are the problem?
              "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
              X