are any of these caps bad ones to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are any of these caps bad ones to use?

Hi guys, first I want to thank you for having this forum. I have been reading a lot and slowly trying to learn a bit from the pros.
    I have been getting monitors from the local computer shop that have been turned in for recycling, so I can either repair them or take any usable parts and return the rest to be recycled.

I live in a fairly remote area so there are not really a lot of options for electronic parts, I have been able to get my hands on the following caps and hopefully someone can tell me if they are good enough to be used to recap the monitors. Some of the series' I recognize as ones that people have said are good, but others I am not sure about, either because I have not seen that series mentioned yet, or the series letters are a little different that the ones that are said to be "good" ones.

(I can provide pics if needed but hopefully the numbers and codes will be sufficient)

A couple are black and gold with the "M" in a box so I think they are Panasonics, 22uF 50V 105C FM

A couple are Rubycon 680uF 25V ZLH 105C (and a T1049 on it as well)

also some that were ordered that should be here soon (limited info until I have them to confirm)

all Panasonic

25VDC 680uF EEU-FR1E681

1000UF 16V EEU-FM1C102

2200UF 10V EEU-FM1A222

25VDC 1000uF EEU-FR1E102B

1000uF 10V EEU-FM1A102

220UF 25V EEU-FM1E221

22UF 50V EEU-FM1H220

I think the FM are one of the series' that is supposed to be good, but I am not sure about the FR.

Would any of these be bad to use? There are just so many different ones with the same uF and voltage ratings and the prices are so varied as well it's very confusing. I am trying to learn the differences but it seems to be quite a process.

Re: are any of these caps bad ones to use?

Panny has never had any dud series, so all of those caps are fine.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Undead View Post
      I think the FM are one of the series' that is supposed to be good, but I am not sure about the FR.
      Panasonic FR and FM are basically the same in terms of ESR and ripple, but in some sizes, FR has a longer endurance lifetime.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
        Panny has never had any dud series, so all of those caps are fine.
        Yes, the above is true, though you do need to know what series is suitable for the application. A SMPS requires low ESR caps like Panasonic series FR, FM, or FC.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thank you very much for your responses and the valuable information.

Comment

Working...
          X