Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor

I just pick up Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor but is missing inverter, I check online but can't find the inverter parts # and Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor Service Manual
    Any one know the inverter part # or Service Manual please repost at my thread?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor

Have you checked into using a universal inverter? I used one to fix an X2Gen 19" monitor that was missing the inverter some time ago. I ordered through e-Bay from either Hong Kong or the Czech Republic and it arrived in about 2 weeks.

There are several choices depending on size available for the inverter, mounting, 5 or 6 wire supply, and 2, 4, 6 lamps, etc. You will need to verify the voltage output to the inverter to make sure that it would work for your particular monitor.

Here are a couple of examples that might work for you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-LCD-MONITOR-S...ht_3184wt_1396

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZX408-4-lamp-CCF...#ht_621wt_1396

Comment

I will try is after I had Service Manual because I didn't know input & output from mainboad to inverter
      I just know 4 lamps at my 20 inch widescreen

Comment

The outputs of the pins may be listed on the PCB (sometimes front, sometimes back) or you might be able to plug it in and measure the voltage of each pin of the 6-pin connection.

Comment

Are you know some color code on the wire from mainboad to inverter?

Comment

Originally posted by hoadle View Post
            Are you know some color code on the wire from mainboad to inverter?
            I was referring to the silkscreen designations on the PCB that might tell you what voltages are for each pin. See the attached photo as an example.
            Attached Files

Comment

It's really easy
              Locate the 12 volt feeds to the inverter with your voltmeter.
              Locate the ground wires either with the voltmeter or ohmmeter.
              Find the backlight on signal it's usually around 3 volts, when there is a signal going to the monitor
              This will most likely go to 0 volts when you remove the VGA cable from the monitor.
              The other important voltage is going to be the dim voltage; this varies from around 3 volts full brightness and down towards 1 volt when you dim the monitor.
              These can all be located with a voltmeter
              LCDPARTS.net gives a really good explanation Just look for their universal inverters section instructions
              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Thank you guy, Is 18VDC system not 12VDC and had 6 wire in 7 quick disconnecter but I at work now I will check late when get out work

Comment

Originally posted by hoadle View Post
                  Thank you guy, Is 18VDC system not 12VDC and had 6 wire in 7 quick disconnecter but I at work now I will check late when get out work
                  There may be multiple power and grounds, they are most likely redundant.
                  Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Based on some searching, that's an AL2032W with a different case. The Acer inverter part number is 55.L38VE.103:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/55-L38VE-004-Ace...-/160590821557

Comment

Dear Jsog
                      (Based on some searching, that's an AL2032W with a different case. The Acer inverter part number is 55.L38VE.103:
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/55-L38VE-004-Ace...-/160590821557)
                      is the old inverter & (4:3) is square LCD they had 6 lamps
                      On my LCD is wide sreen (16:9) just had 4 lamps only not 6 lamp on the old LCD
                      But thanks

Comment

I have an F-20 that i gave away to my parents, have been thinking of cracking it open to look for bad caps cause it sometimes locks up and you need to pull the plug to get it back up. Would it help any if i took some pics of the inverter in it? It might take a while though, maybe i could get it done this weekend if not to busy.

As i recall the F-20 and AL2032W are the exactly same monitor (dont quote me on that), all they did was cram a tv reciver in there as well and change the case to ferrari.

Comment

Originally posted by digge View Post
                          I have an F-20 that i gave away to my parents, have been thinking of cracking it open to look for bad caps cause it sometimes locks up and you need to pull the plug to get it back up. Would it help any if i took some pics of the inverter in it? It might take a while though, maybe i could get it done this weekend if not to busy.

As i recall the F-20 and AL2032W are the exactly same monitor (dont quote me on that), all they did was cram a tv reciver in there as well and change the case to ferrari.
                          If is the F-20 and AL2032W are the exactly same monitor I already get Service Manual

I find AL2032W T/S

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=Acer+AL2032W

But I not understand on AL2032W inverter had 6 quick disconnected to backlight lamps you can see 2 wide quick disconnected for 4 lamps & beside had 2 small quick disconnected for 2 another lamps
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by hoadle; 08-11-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Dose this picture help?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                              Dose this picture help?
                              I already had this but my question is F-20 just had 4 lamps & AL2032W look like had 6 lamps is will work on F-20?
                              Another quesion why my F-20 use DAMOTWMB431 mainboard and AL2032W use DAMOTWMB4A5 mainboard at looking is almos the same but why they do not math parts #
                              Thanks
                              Last edited by hoadle; 08-11-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Finally I get Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor working
                                Here the color code for
                                At CN1 connect from pin 1 to 7 at mainboard
                                pin # 1 (green) & 2 (Yellow) is +18 VDC
                                Pin # 4 (light brown) & 5 (red) is Ground
                                Pin # 6 (Brown) Dim
                                Pin # 7 (Black) on/off

Comment

I find inveter from another LCD monitor & install today now Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor is working

Here the pin & color code for Acer Ferrari F-20 monitor from mainboard

Pin # 1 (Green) & 2 (Yellow) is + 18VDC
                                  Pin # 4 (Light Brown) & 5 (Red) is -0VDC or ground
                                  Pin # 6 (Brown) Dim
                                  Pin # 7 (Black) On/Off
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                                    I have the same type of monitor with the same problem.
                                    3 months looking for this component on the Internet or someone to fix it and I have not found.
                                    Tell me where you found the inverter board?
                                    Can you give me a link?

Comment

Originally posted by adyn74 View Post
                                      Hello,
                                      I have the same type of monitor with the same problem.
                                      3 months looking for this component on the Internet or someone to fix it and I have not found.
                                      Tell me where you found the inverter board?
                                      Can you give me a link?
                                      Here the link for inverter & follow they intruction to conected to mainboard
                                      See my note on color code
                                      http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

I bought a universal inverter, I follow the order pins, I mounted inverter board in monitor, but still not working.
                                        I measured with a multimeter, voltage on inverter board and appear ok.
                                        Is there any order of the connectors that come from the lights?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X