Telequipment Scope part equivalent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telequipment Scope part equivalent.

Hi, all, my first post here. I have an old Telequipment Oscilloscope which has served me well down the years. Have had to do the odd repair now and then, including a nice bodge to replace a shorted capacitor in the EHT multiplier unit.

Anyway, the model number has disappeared off the front of the scope, looking around online it looks similar to the D67 model, though I think it may be a higher model than that. Anyway it uses the same input circuitry, which is where my fault lies.

Channel 1 has decided to die on me (actually it's been like this for a while). Since there are 2 identical input channels I have managed to find the fault by swapping over. The problem is the input FET (s) is an odd dual device (matched pair in one package). Diode comparisons vs the good device from the other channel are similar, however there is a 15K ohm leakage between 2 pins on one side of the faulty device, I believe it is the S-D connection. My problem is trying to get data or information on this FET to locate a suitable substitute (hopefully from my scrap parts collection) The device is marked TFD1551. Looking at the circuit it appears it is a matched pair of N Channel FET in one package (J-FET probably?)

I'm not totally concerned with perfect calibration or anything, can anyone suggest a suitable alternative (or bodge?) If I can find some info on this FET I can probably substitute 2 single devices in it's place. I will also check the protection circuit just in case it failed due to overload, though I think it just wouldn't work one day I came to use it.

Any advice anyone, or maybe someone has one of these laying around somewhere?

Re: Telequipment Scope part equivalent.

Just having a browse online, wondering if I could get away with BFS21 as a subtistute. Obviously without full spec. of the original I can't be certain, but it's only handling small signals and around 12- 14 volts judging by readings taken from the good channel, and it's only a 25MHz scope. I do like to experiment, any opinions? What's the worst that can happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Clydeuk View Post
      Any advice anyone, or maybe someone has one of these laying around somewhere?
      I can't answer your question, but I can point you somewhere (searching for "Telequipment" in that forum yields a lot of hits) ...

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment
      Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

http://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/f...splay.php?f=36
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for the info, will check it out. I might try some general purpose types if I get no joy, there are some rated at 40v on ebay. Fairchild have a good range, not sure what I have laying around, plenty of normal transistors not many FETs.

Comment

You sure it's a FET? Someone else guessed it might be a bipolar transistor. http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic64009.html
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Hi. I have a circuit diagram I downloaded for the D67 and it's a matched pair of N channel FET's in one package (it looks like a transistor with 6 legs). One of the FET's seems to be ok but the other has that leakage, so the supply voltage appears to be going straight to the Y amplifier, causing the trace to disappear. If I substitute the identical component from channel 2 (fortunately they are socketed) channel 1 works as it should. I might experiment, this scope has had many bodges to keep it going. I'm too poor to fork out on new stuff

Comment

Can we have a picture please, or at least describe what package it's in?

Perhaps the circuit diagram also?

Toast
              veritas odium parit

Comment

Are you still there?

veritas odium parit

Comment

Great. Just when I find the part for them, they disappear.

<unsubscribed>
                  veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                    Great. Just when I find the part for them, they disappear.

<unsubscribed>
                    Hi Toasty, sorry I kindof forgot about this while I was getting on with other things. If you have managed to locate one of these or know of an equivalent that would be great sorry for not getting back sooner.

Comment

Just found this thread from clydeuk re the telequipement Scope. I am working on the same problem with a D67A. Trying to find an sustitute for the front end FET.
                      I see Toasty has found a part for this so I would like this info please

Comment

Hi Toasty,

Just noticed your reply to CLYDEuk concerning the D67 front end Y amp. FETs. (TD1551). I am having the same problem. If you have any info on how I can obtain these I would be grateful.

Regards. Brian. (UK)

Comment

Working...
                        X