samsung HP-T5054 powers up then shuts off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

samsung HP-T5054 powers up then shuts off

I recently picked up a used sammy hpt5054 with power issues, thinking I could just swap out a few caps and be up and running. The previous owner told me that it just stopped working. IAfter i got home with it, I went online to look for info on this particular model and found that it was covered by Samsung ( settlement). I called and made an appointment to have it fixed. Today the service tech was to come out and do the fix. He called me this morning after looking at his notes to inform me that he had this same set in his shop last week to do the fix and he replaced some caps, and then tried a new power supply and it didn't fix the set . He quoted the previous owner $450 to fix and the owner refused to spend the $.
    The set powers right up, with excellent picture and audio, but after approximately 30 seconds to a minute it shuts down and I hear the power supply clicking. He (tech) said that he thought it was the Y sustain board, but wasn't sure. I'm hoping someone here could shed a little light on this and help me. I haven't had the back off yet to see if indeed the caps have been swapped but if there's hope for a cheaper fix I'm ready to tear it down.
    Thanks in advance, Fred
Working...
X