Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to buy a main board for LG42lf66? which code shall i look for..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to buy a main board for LG42lf66? which code shall i look for..

Probably tomorrow or Friday depending on when I have time. My TVs symptoms are slightly different from yours so can't guarantee that what fixes mine will fix yours but it seems those caps are the known issue. It's prob not in his interest to tell you what the fix is before you pay him I guess.

If you do go for it I'd be very happy to know what changes he makes. I'd guess he'd probably use the surface mount caps rather than the through-hole ones, so the board might not look any different to the eye.

Comment

Hey Zelig, any updates? I sold the one I fixed to a guy who immediately cracked the screen while trying to mount it on his wall. So if you need a working main board I've got one, with troublesome caps already replaced.

Comment

Sorry to drag up an old post but I too am looking for this board if anyone still has one for sale? If not I have the rest of the TV for spares if anyone needs anything before I tip it?

Comment

I have an LG 37LF65 which developed a terrible flicker.

It would be fine for the first 5 minuets and then start to flicker, the picture was so bad it was completely in unwatchable, but after 20 mins it would settle down. This 20 mins soon became an hour which was clearly no good.

I found one visible bad cap on the power board, as is best practice I replaced the lot, about 22 of them, this cut the flicker time back down to twenty mins but clearly wasn't the problem.

I moved on and took tn245's advice and replaced the 6 caps marked c901, c954, c533, c970, c975 and c 915 on the main board.

Voila, no more flicker.

Thank you guys,

Comment

Working...
          X